Golf Cart Repairs

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Gold member
Default Golf Cart Repairs

This Wed 8/13 K&H Golfcarts will have had our cart for 2 weeks whilw we wait for a repair to be finished that was under warrenty. They do not call us with updates. When we call them, after trying to figure out who we are and why we are calling again, we are repeatedly told they are waiting for a part (front end bushings) ???. This is a Club Car, made close by in Augusta, Georgia. Does this sound typical? I'm getting frustrated. Anybody out there have a comment about this much time to repair a cart.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: Golf Cart Repairs

[quote I'm getting frustrated. Anybody out there have a comment about this much time to repair a cart.
[/quote]

That kind of service is unacceptable. We are talking golf carts not foreign made autos. Golf carts have very few parts compared to an auto. It shouldn't be a problem to stock all of them.
BTW, I am not familiar with K&H Golfcarts. Are they re manufactured carts? If so, maybe obtaining parts is a bigger problem for them than it is for an authorized dealer.

DC
Old 08-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Sage
Default Re: Golf Cart Repairs

RS...

K&H used to be the local dealer rep for the "Star" brand golf carts. [removed unsubstantianted text: Tony] Golf Cart Connection now has that franchise.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Default Golf cart repairs

Don't feel too bad, KH has had our cart for one and a half months!!! Cart was in a crash with a car in September. They have had cart ever since...our insurance company inspected and approved the repairs in two days(KH was extremely uncooperative with insurance rep)...weekly calls always get the same answer..."it'll be done in a few days" yada, yada, yada...they also recycle their excuses...some from mid-September are being used again in November...etc.

Avoid them at all costs!!!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 03:07 PM

Club Cart World is the authorized dealer in this area for Club Cars. They are on 27/441.
Also Golf Cart connection is excellent on repairs. I would not deal with KH carts. I have heard horror stories about them. I don't know if you could have it picked up from KH carts and taken somewhere else, but I would sure find out.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I was pretty impressed with Golf Cart World when I had to take another_Linda's charger to them. They knew immediately what was wrong and when I explained that I was in dire need to get it back the same day, they had it ready for me at 5:00 pm. The charger was under their own warranty so they weren't getting a dime from it.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Veteran member

Ah, Red! And here I though you had put a spell on them!

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 11-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Default Follow up on KH carts

Well, we finally got the cart back after a month and a half...first time we are out after dark we turn on the headlights and they don't work...the headlights were both damaged in the crash...they take cart back in, repair headlights and now want to charge an additional $60 to repair them...they claim they had nothing to do with the headlights(the fact that both lights were broken out of the front cowl when it was crushed in the accident doesn't count with them)...I urge everybody to avoid KH Golfcarts, they are unbelieveably incompetent!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Default To rshoffer

rshoffer, what is the latest on your cart...any satisfaction from KH? Does anyone have any ideas about what to do in this situation...I am kind of over a barrel here as they have my cart with these wrongful charges on it but if I don't pay I won't get the cart back...I'm starting to wonder if $60 additional is woth all the cost of a small claims action...

marantho
Old 11-12-2008, 02:44 PM

Spread the word. A cart purchased from K & H Carts is, was and will be the worst experience you'll have. Not today, but the first time your cart needs service. You are dealing with a dishonest, unreliable, poorly skilled service department and owner. I purchased a new Star Cart prior to Star Manufacturing taking away the franchising license because of the terrible service and complaints. As I read the other folks dealings with K & H, it appears nothing has changed, business as usual. I believe their location is the only reason they are still in business. Right outside TV and easy selling to the unknown buyers.
The Star Cart is a very good cart. Price, looks and performance...once Golf Cart Connections took over servicing them. Again, warn others.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Default Cart Repairs

Sorry to hear about your bad experience,I had the same problem with another dealer.They would haul the cart off for even a minor problem and then it was call after call to get it back.I then got smart and called Ken Spano Golf Cart and Battery.(352)804-0722,all work done right at your home.Courteous service and fair prices.Give them a call you won't be dissapointed.(and for the record I have no interest in the business)
Old 11-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Default cart repair- KH

I had good experience with KH. Bought new Yamaha cart from them and had some warranty work. They took care of it quickly and completely with no hassle. This happened twice for different items. Sounds like I was lucky.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Default More KH

Hi Clearwater,

We bought our cart(rebuilt '05 ClubCar) in May of this year from KH...they were great to deal with then...the cart did have to go back to the shop four times in the first week!!! It was all warranty work and all was okay. Sometime in July one of the batteries self destructed and it too was replaced no problem.

In September we had the accident...car kind of drove over the front and crushed the front cowl and destroyed the front suspension...that's when our trouble started...the latest, the headlights did not work when it came back(after the month and a half stay), they took it in adn said we had to pay extra to fix them, even though they replaced both headlights. We refused so they held the cart hostage for a couple days...yesterday they brought the cart back, said if I didn't pay they would void the two year warranty that we got with the cart...we refused to pay and so lost the warranty...that's okay we'll go back to using Spano and pay for any repairs, we won't have to use KH again...this was yesterday, last night we find the cart has no brake lights...and so it goes!!!

Would love to hear some ideas on how to legally go after this unscrupulous and dishonest outfit...spreading the word across this forum will help steer people away from them!!!

Tell you friends...

marantho
Old 11-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Default Bad experience with Ken Spano

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargee View Post
Sorry to hear about your bad experience,I had the same problem with another dealer.They would haul the cart off for even a minor problem and then it was call after call to get it back.I then got smart and called Ken Spano Golf Cart and Battery.(352)804-0722,all work done right at your home.Courteous service and fair prices.Give them a call you won't be dissapointed.(and for the record I have no interest in the business)
Called Ken Spano; came and put in new batteries on 10/21; about a week later, cart quit, called Ken Spano, sent a guy who could not figure it out so he told me to leave it and they would pick it up first thing in the morning; left it at Colony Cottage Rec Center; after calling several times the next day, they got it home about 1pm. Called back and they sent a guy out about 3 or so and he determined it was the solenoid and put a new one on. So far I had spent about 700 bucks with them. 11/7 cart wouldn't charge at home so on 11/8 I called Ken Spano four(4) times during the day and received not even a call back. Called 2 times on 11/10, called 2 times on 11/11, once on 11/12, once on 11/14, today, still no return call. Can anyone suggest how to get these guys to call back or is there another number you can call besides the one listed above? If not can anyone suggest another repair service where I might talk to a person and not a machine every time you call?
Old 11-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marantho View Post
Hi Clearwater,

We bought our cart(rebuilt '05 ClubCar) in May of this year from KH...they were great to deal with then...the cart did have to go back to the shop four times in the first week!!! It was all warranty work and all was okay. Sometime in July one of the batteries self destructed and it too was replaced no problem.

In September we had the accident...car kind of drove over the front and crushed the front cowl and destroyed the front suspension...that's when our trouble started...the latest, the headlights did not work when it came back(after the month and a half stay), they took it in adn said we had to pay extra to fix them, even though they replaced both headlights. We refused so they held the cart hostage for a couple days...yesterday they brought the cart back, said if I didn't pay they would void the two year warranty that we got with the cart...we refused to pay and so lost the warranty...that's okay we'll go back to using Spano and pay for any repairs, we won't have to use KH again...this was yesterday, last night we find the cart has no brake lights...and so it goes!!!

Would love to hear some ideas on how to legally go after this unscrupulous and dishonest outfit...spreading the word across this forum will help steer people away from them!!!

Tell you friends...

marantho
First thing I would do, Marantho, is contact the Better Business Bureau and lodge a complaint. Also, did the insurance company that was involved pay KH directly or did they give you the money for damages? If they paid KH, you could go back to the insurance company for inferior repairs on your cart. You appear to be taken advantage of here and I would check further as to any recourse you have available to you. Good Luck!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.