Golf cart rules and stop signs

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2020, 08:34 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

The safe common sense way of operating golf carts here in the villages went out the window a long time ago. The only thing you can do is drive defensively. I've been curious of how long a gas golf cart engine lasts before blowing out because the speed was juked up.
Old 06-22-2020, 08:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I agree with your advice.

But referring to a driver who has the right-of-way and happens to be going downhill as an idiot? Not so much.
Operative term was "high flying."
Old 06-22-2020, 08:57 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Years back while in the Army I taught Defensive Driving classes for fellow soldiers and spouses. Haven't seen any of these courses offered in years, maybe it is some thing TV could start providing at the rec centers. One thing I stressed in my class was never expect the other driver to do the correct thing and to always be prepared for them to do the wrong thing.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:01 AM
Smile signage

i believe all signage throughout the villages for golf carts be a LIME GREEN color...."golf cart path".."no carts beyond this point"...etc......visitors,newbees,everyone in general could benefit for safety reasons......i must admit i have made mistakes.....i stop for red stop signs "all the same shape and color.....
Old 06-27-2020, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
The safe common sense way of operating golf carts here in the villages went out the window a long time ago. The only thing you can do is drive defensively. I've been curious of how long a gas golf cart engine lasts before blowing out because the speed was juked up.
Quit awhile, it s glorified lawn mower engine. With governor deactivated the cart will slowly wind up to 38 plus mph depending on size of tires. The limitation of the air intake opening and the weight of the cart won’t allow the engine to explode. Without oil changes to reduce the heat and wear that will increase the wear on connection rod and you hear knock long before failure. Then, out of the blue bang. Just like cart that ran low on oil prolonged time or ran out of oil. I keep my cart right at 20 MPH, it will last very, very long time due to no load engine and routine oil changes.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.