Need Golf Cart Recommendation

Closed Thread
Old 07-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Default Need Golf Cart Recommendation

Hello fellow TOTV members. I am just starting to shop for an electric golf cart and would like your recommendations. I am a LARGE guy (6'2") and need a little more leg and hip room than I found on the few carts I have driven. Any suggestions and recommendations would be appreciated.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:53 AM

I drive a Yamaha gas cart bought from The Villages golf cart store in Colony. I am very satisfied with it but if I had to do it over again I would go electric....less noise and no fumes.

But, from what you are describing I think you will want to look at the Columbia ParCar. They are beefy and I believe they have adjustable seats. Their shop is out on Rt 441.

Good Luck!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:53 AM

I'm 6'5". Bought a remanufactured Club Car in 2006 and have loved it ever since.
We have had only one battery change and Battery Boys fixed it with upgraded batteries and wiring. We have never seen the battery charge go down. Not sure of the range but I would say at least 60 miles.
Couldn't be happier with our Club Car.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougout View Post
I drive a Yamaha gas cart bought from The Villages golf cart store in Colony. I am very satisfied with it but if I had to do it over again I would go electric....less noise and no fumes.

But, from what you are describing I think you will want to look at the Columbia ParCar. They are beefy and I believe they have adjustable seats. Their shop is out on Rt 441.

Good Luck!
My thoughts exactly on the gas vs. electric. We had a gas yamaha at the villa we rented and could not stand the smell.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Veteran member

I am 6'1" and drive an EZGO RXV. It does not slow down going up hills and has taken me all over TV for 3 years. I had the batteries replaced about 3 mo. ago under warranty (4 years). A friend has a Par Car and I think it has a bit more leg room, but he is getting new batteries after 3 years and his warranty was 18 mos. so he has to pay.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Veteran member

I have an 2010 EZGO RXV Electric and love the cart. We put 4500 trouble free miles on it and it has all the power in the world to go up hills and not slow down. Headroom is not an issue with any golf cart you decide on buying. If legroom is an issue, all of the cart manufacturers sell upgraded seats that are way more comfortable than the standard seats, and some adjust back and forth to accommodate different drivers along with having reclining backs. They are pricey, costing between $1000-1600 as an option and can be retrofitted to your cart after you buy it if you feel that your seats are not comfortable enough. Check them out and sit in them at the showroom. They always have carts on the floor with the seat option.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrok View Post
Hello fellow TOTV members. I am just starting to shop for an electric golf cart and would like your recommendations. I am a LARGE guy (6'2") and need a little more leg and hip room than I found on the few carts I have driven. Any suggestions and recommendations would be appreciated.
Columbia Par Car. We just replaced the batteries after six years of use. Fireboy is a big guy and fits just fine. Seats are very comfortable, you can see them in my picture.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:32 AM

Another vote for the EZ GO RXV. With the AC motor you accelerate uphill and have no brake to set when you stop. Take your foot off the accelerator and/or apply the brake and the excess energy is regenerated back into the batteries.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom

Many thanks for your comments. You just helped me solve one more question we had when moving to TV soon. During our LSV we really disliked our gas golf car. It stank! And going through the tunnels was quite an experience! Very loud! So thanks again everyone. We will definitely be going electric.

Joaniesmom

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Old 07-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Default Tomberlin

Don't forget the Tomberlin. They make both Street Legal and legal Golf Cart. Safety wise there is no comparison. The Villages Cart Store in LSL sells them and you can find them elsewhere. Do some research.

Talk of The Villages - Search Results
Old 07-02-2012, 10:36 AM

Thanks for all your suggestions. We will be down at the end of August to get things set up and I will be doing my 'leg & butt' testing then.

One other thing, can someone tell me about the 'remanufactured' carts? Are they a good deal?

If I buy a used one from an individual what do I look out for?
Old 07-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Curtis Cab or not

Do any of you have the curtis cab? We are thinking of getting one. They look like they may be hotter. What is your opinion of them????

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 07-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrok View Post

One other thing, can someone tell me about the 'remanufactured' carts? Are they a good deal?
At the right price but around TV that's hard to find.
A new cart is $5,000 if you shop outside the bubble here, $7,000

Quote:
If I buy a used one from an individual what do I look out for?
Mostly the batteries, everything else is obvious.

The age of the batteries is stamped into the terminals.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:51 PM

We are thinking about buying 2010 to 2013 Yamaha reburbished or new. Where can we find it "outside the bubble"?

You say we can buy them for $5,000. Please let me know, Harvey in The Villages
Old 04-11-2013, 03:52 PM

What should we pay for a refurbished or new 2010 to 2013 gas Yamaha with 10 inch alloy wheels and sunbrella? We would appreciate the input. Thanks, Harvey in the Villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.