Golf Cart Service at Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2018, 06:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
Just to note, Carts and Clubs only services a cart you bought from them.
Probably why they are not real busy.
Old 04-28-2018, 07:03 AM

If you are worried about your warranty staying intact, the Villages will recommend service centers that they trust that can do the regular service. Keep the service receipt and youll be fine.
Old 04-28-2018, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
Really?

If I might ask...how do you know this?

Admittedly my observations are wholly anecdotal, but of all the people I know (over a half dozen) that have purchased a new cart in the last year...they have all purchased their carts from C&C.

I'm not suggesting that even approaches the number of carts sold by The Developer, but it does say that C&C is offering something (price/service/?)...that a number of people find attractive.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:11 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
The last I heard they had 16 trucks doing service work.
They also sell and service carts in the Ocala/northern area.
For a single family business they're doing just fine.
They're primarily a cart sales business that services the carts they sell.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
<snip> You might try calling around. I would assume there are places that you can drive your golf cart to that have shorter waits and there are people authorized??? <snip>
I don't think this is true. I can't think of any golf cart retail store that offers golf-cart-accessible service other than The Villages Golf Cars. And I going to assume that this is no accident. It's by design - why let "the competition" have the same advantage?
Old 04-28-2018, 01:17 PM

My original complaint wasn’t the service but the availability to get an appointment is a reasonable time frame. I have since learned that this availability is across all their garages. I learned that the Sumter Landing garage has 13 bays to perform service; however, only 6 are currently being used. They do not have enough mechanics to fill the bays. Hence the long delays in obtaining service.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
The last I heard they had 16 trucks doing service work.

They also sell and service carts in the Ocala/northern area.

For a single family business they're doing just fine.

They're primarily a cart sales business that services the carts they sell.
Very .

I love seeing small, but high quality, family businesses...doing well.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
If you are not getting warranty work done then call Todd Casey. I am not sure if he works on electric carts.
Yes, Todd works on electric carts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
If you are worried about your warranty staying intact, the Villages will recommend service centers that they trust that can do the regular service. Keep the service receipt and youll be fine.
Do you mean if Villages Golf Carts at LSL is busy, they might direct you to take the cart to Villages Golf Cart Centers at Brownwood or Spanish Springs?
When I've called Villages Golf Carts, there is a ridiculously long wait at LSL.
If there is another Service Center, other than Villages Golf carts at BW or SS, please let us know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc11257 View Post
My original complaint wasn’t the service but the availability to get an appointment is a reasonable time frame. I have since learned that this availability is across all their garages. I learned that the Sumter Landing garage has 13 bays to perform service; however, only 6 are currently being used. They do not have enough mechanics to fill the bays. Hence the long delays in obtaining service.
That is fascinating information. Prices are expensive at Villages Golf Carts.
You'd they'd be able to attract good mechanics and pay them well.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:11 PM
Sage

If you require basic, preventive maintenance, do it yourself. These things require minimal maintenance - oil changes every 50-75 hours, replace the spark plug every 5 years or so, replace the air filter every five years or so, shoot some grease into the zerk fitting on the clutches every year, replace the differential fluid every couple of years. These are all trivial tasks. Repairs may be a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc11257 View Post
Old 04-30-2018, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Wife had the same experience, two month wait. I don't really keep track of this stuff but I think we have already waited half the time.

In any case, I told her to document when she called who she spoke to etc.

You might try calling around. I would assume there are places that you can drive your golf cart to that have shorter waits and there are people authorized???? who can do it at your home.

REASON? There was a recent recall on the Yamaha brake cable.
ahh. I see.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
REASON? There was a recent recall on the Yamaha brake cable.
I doubt that is affecting appointments now at Villages Golf Carts.
I believe the recall was handled back in March.
On March 14 Gordon's Garage at LSL had a day when you could bring your golf cart in to be checked.
Villages Golf Carts garages at Spanish Springs and Brownwood did the same.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Have never had a problem getting our carts in for service until last year. 5 weeks for appointments started last July, that was befor the recall. Didn’t matter if it was SS, LSL, or Brownwood. Our salesman said they didn’t have enough staff. Of course C&C is three weeks for appointment also.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Really?

If I might ask...how do you know this?

Admittedly my observations are wholly anecdotal, but of all the people I know (over a half dozen) that have purchased a new cart in the last year...they have all purchased their carts from C&C.

I'm not suggesting that even approaches the number of carts sold by The Developer, but it does say that C&C is offering something (price/service/?)...that a number of people find attractive.
We purchased our electric Yamaha from Villages Golf Cars in Colony Plaza. One of the cart options I find extremely important to me is a steering wheel that has self canceling directionals (just like a car).

Villages Golf Cars offered that option. C&C does not offer that steering wheel with self canceling directionals. Our steering wheel also has a switch for bright lights (just like a car) which I find invaluable when driving our cart at night. C&C does not offer bright lights on their carts.

Needless to say, I'm a very happy camper that we purchased our cart at Villages Golf Cars. I will never purchase a cart at C&C if they will not offer that invaluable steering wheel as an option.
Old 05-06-2018, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
If you require basic, preventive maintenance, do it yourself. These things require minimal maintenance - oil changes every 50-75 hours, replace the spark plug every 5 years or so, replace the air filter every five years or so, shoot some grease into the zerk fitting on the clutches every year, replace the differential fluid every couple of years. These are all trivial tasks. Repairs may be a different story.
Do any of these maintenance items have to be done on an electric cart? If not, what type of maintenance has to be done on an electric cart other than adding water to the batteries? Our cart has some type of auto refill system so it is very easy to add the water and not over fill the system.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

There are a number of things to check on electric carts, some apply to all carts. Brake Performance and pads, parking brake adjustment, check that your charger is operating properly, Tire pressure, wheel alignment, grease all fittings, Clean battery terminals and check cables, check battery levels (if auto fill make sure it is operating properly since it can overfill), check rear end oil level.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
appointment, service, wait, day, purchased

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.