Golf cart speed

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2017, 06:35 PM

If that's true, I'd be interested in where/how? You can PM me the info?
Thanks.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourandrew View Post
if the sheriff, set up a surveillance unit and ticketed some of the speeders, word would spread fast to slow down
Terrible use of law enforcement resources. Imo, golf cart speed should be near the bottom of their list of priorities.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:25 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

A friend of mine got caught speeding on a road. I believe that it cost him close to $300. He got tickets for speeding and driving an unregistered vehicle.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
I see this regularly on Enrique, Morse, Madero, San Marino, Palo Alto, just to name some streets every day of the week at any hour. I'd take a wild guess 60 percent of all the golf carts in the villages are illegally set to run faster than 20 mph.
Last year I was driving my cart at 20 mph on Morse. Another cart passed me like I was standing still. The Sumter County Mountie just happened to be the car in back of the cart that passed me. Yep, the cart got pulled over VERY quickly.

I would love to know how much that cost him ... operating an amazing unlicensed vehicle, speeding, etc.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:35 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Last year I was driving my cart at 20 mph on Morse. Another cart passed me like I was standing still. The Sumter County Mountie just happened to be the car in back of the cart that passed me. Yep, the cart got pulled over VERY quickly.

I would love to know how much that cost him ... operating an amazing unlicensed vehicle, speeding, etc.
If I remember right my guess would be with all including court cost around 750 to 800 . He would be one of the few very chance times that an officer would be at that location on that very time.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

///
Old 12-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamh View Post
a alltrax xct 48300 controller will take a club car excel to 23 mph and give it gobs of low end torque without changing anything else
my club cart ran 27 mph but the motor would seize up and I had to wait for it to cool down before continuing my journey. so I reduced it to 20mph and carts passed me to the left and to the right

I bought a Yamaha and only accelerate to pass club carts that go too slow or whose motors seize up

they are building tunnels at Fenney for both carts and cars. This place is getting to look like a big city and every big city I passed through you better be doing 15+ over the limit because if you don't some guy behind you is going over the top of you.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
my club cart ran 27 mph but the motor would seize up and I had to wait for it to cool down before continuing my journey. so I reduced it to 20mph and carts passed me to the left and to the right

I bought a Yamaha and only accelerate to pass club carts that go too slow or whose motors seize up

they are building tunnels at Fenney for both carts and cars. This place is getting to look like a big city and every big city I passed through you better be doing 15+ over the limit because if you don't some guy behind you is going over the top of you.
Agree, we lived most of our life in Wash D.C. where you could get killed driving theposted speed, but remember, we have hundreds of villagers over 70 still driving and that is scarier than D.C.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
Agree, we lived most of our life in Wash D.C. where you could get killed driving theposted speed, but remember, we have hundreds of villagers over 70 still driving and that is scarier than D.C.
Let me clarify, my post does not apply to all, I played golf with a guy today that was 77. I never had to help him find his ball one time so he can continue to drive a cart.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:13 PM
Gold member
Default SADLY as we read these posts you can BET who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
A friend of mine got caught speeding on a road. I believe that it cost him close to $300. He got tickets for speeding and driving an unregistered vehicle.
You can bet who believes the laws are not for them.
The law is that you can drive a golf cart over 20 mph but to do so IT MUST BE REGISTERED-HAVE PLATES and it MUST BE INSURED.

There is tons of MISINFORMATION on this thread. Posted a long tiome ago-there is a golf cart safty meeting at the Savanna Center once a month-tuesdays?????

One thing you can be sure of I READ IT ON TALK OF THE VILLAGES will not protect you from a ticket or worse.

THINK ABOUT IT. If, your cart can exceed the LEGAL 20 mph for an UNLICENSED MOTOR VEHICLE. After you slow down for the curves, stop for the stop signs etc etc etc
how much quicker will you get to where you are going?
Old 12-07-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
If your tired of getting passed get yourself a plum quick cart.
Plum Quick Golf Cart vs 5.0 Mustang - YouTube

Duh--the speed limit is 20mph--
Old 12-28-2017, 07:02 PM

Silly thread. Maximum speed limit I've seen on any road is 70 mph. I've gone 80 and they pass me like I'm standing still. I own a sports car that has a top speed close to 200 mph. So what. I don't drive it at that speed.
I do like the extra speed in my golf car (just like I do in my car) so I can get by the slower cart quickly. The danger is a cart doing 17 mph and someone overtaking at 18 mph. Takes forever. And instead of boring old cars in Spanish Springs on Saturday night how bout racing golf carts around the square. haha
Old 12-28-2017, 09:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodbob View Post
Silly thread...The danger is a cart doing 17 mph and someone overtaking at 18 mph. Takes forever...
...and is very dangerous. Much more so than a cart going 23 mph on an open path.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, mph, cart, neighbor, heard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.