Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Golf cart speed (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/golf-cart-speed-243457/)

EviesGP 11-04-2017 06:35 PM

If that's true, I'd be interested in where/how? You can PM me the info?
Thanks.

Polar Bear 11-04-2017 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourandrew (Post 1465345)
if the sheriff, set up a surveillance unit and ticketed some of the speeders, word would spread fast to slow down

Terrible use of law enforcement resources. Imo, golf cart speed should be near the bottom of their list of priorities.

Fredman 11-04-2017 08:25 PM

A friend of mine got caught speeding on a road. I believe that it cost him close to $300. He got tickets for speeding and driving an unregistered vehicle.

Sandtrap328 11-04-2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonH57 (Post 1420232)
I see this regularly on Enrique, Morse, Madero, San Marino, Palo Alto, just to name some streets every day of the week at any hour. I'd take a wild guess 60 percent of all the golf carts in the villages are illegally set to run faster than 20 mph.

Last year I was driving my cart at 20 mph on Morse. Another cart passed me like I was standing still. The Sumter County Mountie just happened to be the car in back of the cart that passed me. Yep, the cart got pulled over VERY quickly.

I would love to know how much that cost him ... operating an amazing unlicensed vehicle, speeding, etc.

DonH57 11-05-2017 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 (Post 1470672)
Last year I was driving my cart at 20 mph on Morse. Another cart passed me like I was standing still. The Sumter County Mountie just happened to be the car in back of the cart that passed me. Yep, the cart got pulled over VERY quickly.

I would love to know how much that cost him ... operating an amazing unlicensed vehicle, speeding, etc.

If I remember right my guess would be with all including court cost around 750 to 800 . He would be one of the few very chance times that an officer would be at that location on that very time.

graciegirl 12-06-2017 10:14 AM

///

rubicon 12-06-2017 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by williamh (Post 1439019)
a alltrax xct 48300 controller will take a club car excel to 23 mph and give it gobs of low end torque without changing anything else

my club cart ran 27 mph but the motor would seize up and I had to wait for it to cool down before continuing my journey. so I reduced it to 20mph and carts passed me to the left and to the right:D

I bought a Yamaha and only accelerate to pass club carts that go too slow or whose motors seize up:D

they are building tunnels at Fenney for both carts and cars. This place is getting to look like a big city and every big city I passed through you better be doing 15+ over the limit because if you don't some guy behind you is going over the top of you.

Plowboy 12-06-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 1486057)
my club cart ran 27 mph but the motor would seize up and I had to wait for it to cool down before continuing my journey. so I reduced it to 20mph and carts passed me to the left and to the right:D

I bought a Yamaha and only accelerate to pass club carts that go too slow or whose motors seize up:D

they are building tunnels at Fenney for both carts and cars. This place is getting to look like a big city and every big city I passed through you better be doing 15+ over the limit because if you don't some guy behind you is going over the top of you.

Agree, we lived most of our life in Wash D.C. where you could get killed driving theposted speed, but remember, we have hundreds of villagers over 70 still driving and that is scarier than D.C.

Plowboy 12-06-2017 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 1486064)
Agree, we lived most of our life in Wash D.C. where you could get killed driving theposted speed, but remember, we have hundreds of villagers over 70 still driving and that is scarier than D.C.

Let me clarify, my post does not apply to all, I played golf with a guy today that was 77. I never had to help him find his ball one time so he can continue to drive a cart.

autumnspring 12-06-2017 05:13 PM

SADLY as we read these posts you can BET who

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredman (Post 1470666)
A friend of mine got caught speeding on a road. I believe that it cost him close to $300. He got tickets for speeding and driving an unregistered vehicle.

You can bet who believes the laws are not for them.
The law is that you can drive a golf cart over 20 mph but to do so IT MUST BE REGISTERED-HAVE PLATES and it MUST BE INSURED.

There is tons of MISINFORMATION on this thread. Posted a long tiome ago-there is a golf cart safty meeting at the Savanna Center once a month-tuesdays?????

One thing you can be sure of I READ IT ON TALK OF THE VILLAGES will not protect you from a ticket or worse.

THINK ABOUT IT. If, your cart can exceed the LEGAL 20 mph for an UNLICENSED MOTOR VEHICLE. After you slow down for the curves, stop for the stop signs etc etc etc
how much quicker will you get to where you are going?

fourandrew 12-07-2017 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpusX1 (Post 1419974)
If your tired of getting passed get yourself a plum quick cart.
Plum Quick Golf Cart vs 5.0 Mustang - YouTube :pepper2::pepper2::pepper2:

Duh--the speed limit is 20mph--

capecodbob 12-28-2017 07:02 PM

Silly thread. Maximum speed limit I've seen on any road is 70 mph. I've gone 80 and they pass me like I'm standing still. I own a sports car that has a top speed close to 200 mph. So what. I don't drive it at that speed.
I do like the extra speed in my golf car (just like I do in my car) so I can get by the slower cart quickly. The danger is a cart doing 17 mph and someone overtaking at 18 mph. Takes forever. And instead of boring old cars in Spanish Springs on Saturday night how bout racing golf carts around the square. haha

Polar Bear 12-28-2017 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capecodbob (Post 1496387)
Silly thread...The danger is a cart doing 17 mph and someone overtaking at 18 mph. Takes forever...

...and is very dangerous. Much more so than a cart going 23 mph on an open path.