Golf Cart Speed Limit

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Never heard (no pun intended) of a 2 stroke golf cart, small cycles, lawn equipment yes, but never a golf cart.
Older gas powered EzGo golf carts came with a 2 stroke "Robin" engine. I believe it was supplied by Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru).
Old 05-06-2019, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Driving in the golf cart lane on Morse north of 466, we are often overtaken by non-street legal carts.

It is legal to go onto Morse "road" to overtake slower vehicles in the golf cart lane.
OK, I'm blaming not enough coffee...for being such a dummy!

I was thinking Buena Vista...and not Morse.

Thank you for going easy on me...with such a dumb statement I made.

As for Morse, I have seen cops hiding in the post office station on the west side of Morse...with their radar guns out.

And if you have an older electric cart, without the regenerative braking, it can easily get up to 30 mph...while coasting downhill on Morse.

The same for going down the big hill westbound on Bonita Blvd. (only even faster).. when coming from Morse Blvd.

Don't ask me how I know.

After hearing about some pretty expensive tickets (due to unlicensed vehicles, not just speed)...I am very careful on Morse though.

Thanks again...for cutting me a lot of slack.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I'm blaming not enough coffee...for being such a dummy!
Having coffee is Job 1 in our house
Old 05-06-2019, 04:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts
Default Does not matter but

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Never heard (no pun intended) of a 2 stroke golf cart, small cycles, lawn equipment yes, but never a golf cart.
Golf carts were made in two stroke-many years ago. The advantage is lighter engine weight to power and fewer moving parts. They are dirty, pouring out raw gas with the exhaust and so get less power from the fuel per gallon.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:15 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Golf carts were made in two stroke-many years ago. The advantage is lighter engine weight to power and fewer moving parts. They are dirty, pouring out raw gas with the exhaust and so get less power from the fuel per gallon.
I think Harley D made a 2 stroke cart also.
Steve
Old 05-06-2019, 04:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

So my 2 stroke Yamaha RZ is ok on MMP as long as I go at 20 mph? (Or my 6R?)

Last edited by Velvet; 05-07-2019 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
So my 2 stroke Yamaha RZ is ok on MMP as long as I go at 20 mph?
Golf Cart Safety Clinics in The Villages, FL and Sumter County, FL - Golf Cart Safety
Old 05-06-2019, 07:47 PM

Do the 2 stroke carts have a kick start?

Nothing more fun then jumping up and down a few times to get it fired up...
Old 05-06-2019, 07:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,374 Times in 3,051 Posts

Not sure what your link has to do with Velvet's question. The Yamaha RZ isn't a golf cart.

Velvet: Motor scooters or mopeds are *NOT* allowed on the multi-modal trails. It's for golf carts, bicycles, pedestrians, and in-line or roller skates. According to the memorandum dated 2010 from the District Counsel to the District Manager, Segways would also be permitted since the state treats them as bicycles and they aren't considered motorized vehicles. Skateboards and non-motorized scooters (basically a skateboard with a handle) aren't mentioned in the memorandum but I have yet to see anyone skateboarding anywhere in The Villages, let alone on the MMPs.

In a bunch of different articles and op-eds and random threads and arm-chair lawyer discussions, people claim there is no actual speed limit on the MMPs. But according to one article I saw in a google search the speed limit is 19.8mph. Keep in mind that the MMPs are not under police jurisdiction. They can't issue speeding tickets to violators on the MMPs. The community police might have other ideas though, so it's best to not test it. Plus it's considered bad form. Theoretically you could get a speeding ticket for riding your bicycle or roller skating on the public roads over 30 MPH.

I also didn't see anything about motorized wheelchairs, or electric scooters of the medical-need variety but I imagine they'd be allowed on the MMPs as well.

Last edited by OrangeBlossomBaby; 05-06-2019 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Edited to add "NOT" allowed and the speed limit info
Old 05-06-2019, 09:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

Jazuela is right. The RZ is a motorcycle. Sorry, of course I know, I can’t ride on the path.

Last edited by Velvet; 05-07-2019 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,934 Times in 2,703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
So my 2 stroke Yamaha RZ is ok on MMP as long as I go at 20 mph?
Well than, that does it, if you have a 2 stroke golf cart, I am going to figure out how to build a diesel golf cart. It won't go over 19.9999 MPH.
Old 05-07-2019, 06:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Not sure what your link has to do with Velvet's question. The Yamaha RZ isn't a golf cart.

Velvet: Motor scooters or mopeds are *NOT* allowed on the multi-modal trails. It's for golf carts, bicycles, pedestrians, and in-line or roller skates. According to the memorandum dated 2010 from the District Counsel to the District Manager, Segways would also be permitted since the state treats them as bicycles and they aren't considered motorized vehicles. Skateboards and non-motorized scooters (basically a skateboard with a handle) aren't mentioned in the memorandum but I have yet to see anyone skateboarding anywhere in The Villages, let alone on the MMPs.

In a bunch of different articles and op-eds and random threads and arm-chair lawyer discussions, people claim there is no actual speed limit on the MMPs. But according to one article I saw in a google search the speed limit is 19.8mph. Keep in mind that the MMPs are not under police jurisdiction. They can't issue speeding tickets to violators on the MMPs. The community police might have other ideas though, so it's best to not test it. Plus it's considered bad form. Theoretically you could get a speeding ticket for riding your bicycle or roller skating on the public roads over 30 MPH.

I also didn't see anything about motorized wheelchairs, or electric scooters of the medical-need variety but I imagine they'd be allowed on the MMPs as well.
Offered as an opportunity to learn what the speed limits are on the MMPs. Not sure what your comment had to do either.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:17 AM

Lets just make it easy and cull the heard, death penalty for anyone exceeding 22 mph in a golf cart.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:50 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
You obviously meant the "Morse Blvd. MMP."

I am not aware of any locations where non-street legal carts...are allowed on Morse Blvd. itself.

And as far as the MMP's, they are private property and local law enforcement does not have jurisdiction...so why would they even think of issuing speeding tickets?
Actually, no, I didn't mean "Morse Blvd. MMP". Seriously, you've never driven on Morse Blvd. between 466 and 27/441? North of 466 most of the length of Morse Blvd. has no MMP, and you must drive in a bicycle/golf cart lane that shares the road with autos. It's not private property. There is occasionally a sheriff's deputy stationed there with a radar, but I've never seen one stop a cart.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,374 Times in 3,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
Actually, no, I didn't mean "Morse Blvd. MMP". Seriously, you've never driven on Morse Blvd. between 466 and 27/441? North of 466 most of the length of Morse Blvd. has no MMP, and you must drive in a bicycle/golf cart lane that shares the road with autos. It's not private property. There is occasionally a sheriff's deputy stationed there with a radar, but I've never seen one stop a cart.
I saw one stop a cart, but I don't think it was for speeding. There was a fender bender up near 441, it was last month. I was driving our cart south and saw it across the street. I watched the police car pull the cart over on the side road; the car in the accident was already stopped.
Closed Thread

Tags
speed, limit, find, 24.5mph, confirming

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.