Golf Cart Speed Limit

Golf Cart Speed Limit

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 05-06-2019, 08:08 AM
Gold member

Frankly, what difference does the speed limit make? My electric cart does 20MPH and I get passed almost every day on Morse Blvd by gas carts doing well over 25. In nearly seven years of driving my legal cart, I've never seen a golf cart being stopped by a cop, so I don't think enforcement of the golf cart speed limit is a priority. I don't doubt there is an occasional speeding ticket issued, but most of the time when I read about a speeding case, I see the quote "I heard" or "One of my friends knows someone".

Old 05-06-2019, 08:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
No headers, just expansion chambers...it's a 2-stroke.

You haven't heard me go by?

There are very few things in life, that sounds sweeter than a 4 cylinder snowmachine with expansion chambers, blasting across a lake on a really cold day... at well over 100 mph.
Never heard (no pun intended) of a 2 stroke golf cart, small cycles, lawn equipment yes, but never a golf cart.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
Frankly, what difference does the speed limit make? My electric cart does 20MPH and I get passed almost every day on Morse Blvd by gas carts doing well over 25. In nearly seven years of driving my legal cart, I've never seen a golf cart being stopped by a cop, so I don't think enforcement of the golf cart speed limit is a priority. I don't doubt there is an occasional speeding ticket issued, but most of the time when I read about a speeding case, I see the quote "I heard" or "One of my friends knows someone".
You obviously meant the "Morse Blvd. MMP."

I am not aware of any locations where non-street legal carts...are allowed on Morse Blvd. itself.

And as far as the MMP's, they are private property and local law enforcement does not have jurisdiction...so why would they even think of issuing speeding tickets?
Old 05-06-2019, 08:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Never heard (no pun intended) of a 2 stroke golf cart, small cycles, lawn equipment yes, but never a golf cart.

*That's the secret to its top speed.

There's a reason that 2-strokes have been used in motocross bikes and snowmobiles for years.

That being...more HP with less weight.

Admittedly though, they take a lot more maintenance and know-how to keep running and their low-end...can't match a 4-stroke.

Which is why they are not used in standard golf carts, but 4 strokes have actually made inroads into snowmobiles and dirt bikes in the last decade or so.

The only way the 4 strokes can stay competitive in racing though, is that they are allowed almost twice the cc's...of 2 strokes.

But watch out and hang on, when a high-revving 2-stroker...**'comes on the pipe.'

Here is a quick primer, for those who may not know the differences.

2 stroke versus 4 stroke (poke here)

Quote:
Two-stroke engine bikes are lighter and faster bikes that have an "intense kick to the motor" (**also known as "coming on the pipe") This makes it easier to throw around your bike with the faster punch per cc. At the same time, these bikes are usually more difficult to ride and control. Two-strokes also require more frequent shifting, but riders can get a faster top speed with more power.

*PS. You do know though, that I'm just funnin'...right?

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 05-06-2019 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:33 AM
Gold member

Quote:
You obviously meant the "Morse Blvd. MMP."

I am not aware of any locations where non-street legal carts...are allowed on Morse Blvd. itself.

And as far as the MMP's, they are private property and local law enforcement does not have jurisdiction...so why would they even think of issuing speeding tickets?
Driving in the golf cart lane on Morse north of 466, we are often overtaken by non-street legal carts.

It is legal to go onto Morse "road" to overtake slower vehicles in the golf cart lane.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Older gas powered EzGo golf carts came with a 2 stroke "Robin" engine. I believe it was supplied by Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru).
Old 05-06-2019, 11:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Driving in the golf cart lane on Morse north of 466, we are often overtaken by non-street legal carts.

It is legal to go onto Morse "road" to overtake slower vehicles in the golf cart lane.
OK, I'm blaming not enough coffee...for being such a dummy!

I was thinking Buena Vista...and not Morse.

Thank you for going easy on me...with such a dumb statement I made.

As for Morse, I have seen cops hiding in the post office station on the west side of Morse...with their radar guns out.

And if you have an older electric cart, without the regenerative braking, it can easily get up to 30 mph...while coasting downhill on Morse.

The same for going down the big hill westbound on Bonita Blvd. (only even faster).. when coming from Morse Blvd.

Don't ask me how I know.

After hearing about some pretty expensive tickets (due to unlicensed vehicles, not just speed)...I am very careful on Morse though.

Thanks again...for cutting me a lot of slack.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:03 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I'm blaming not enough coffee...for being such a dummy!
Having coffee is Job 1 in our house
Does not matter but
Old 05-06-2019, 04:09 PM

Default Does not matter but

Quote:
Golf carts were made in two stroke-many years ago. The advantage is lighter engine weight to power and fewer moving parts. They are dirty, pouring out raw gas with the exhaust and so get less power from the fuel per gallon.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Golf carts were made in two stroke-many years ago. The advantage is lighter engine weight to power and fewer moving parts. They are dirty, pouring out raw gas with the exhaust and so get less power from the fuel per gallon.
I think Harley D made a 2 stroke cart also.
Steve

Tags
speed, limit, find, 24.5mph, confirming