Golf cart theft?

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2021, 08:21 AM

It happens. There have been thefts during the day as well as at night. I do not believe it is a huge problem, but it is sometimes difficult to find "bad" news from TV. Reporting property crime, sinkholes etc. does not sell houses.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:33 AM

We had an alarm system installed on our cart. Once the brake is locked and the alarm activated, anyone trying to release the brake and roll or even drive the cart away gets a bloody murder high-pitched screeching from the cart that can only be stopped if WE press the stop button on our fob. So far, so good. As for personal items being taken from the cart, not so far. Of course, other than for our golf clubs, we don't leave anything of value in/on the cart.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Sorry for the stupid question, but I am not in TV - simply a prospective snowbird trying to learn about the area. Is theft of golf carts, or even from golf carts, an issue? Someone in the thread about no apartments was talking about vacant parking lots and how easy it is to roll one up on a flatbed and be gone. That led to my question.

Thanks!
Yes, I installed a $3.00 kill switch in mine and, as someone else said, this makes it more difficult, not impossible, to steal. Also I keep a chain and lock handy should I feel that may be needed....depending on circumstances...
Old 08-29-2021, 11:04 AM
Default Five Finger discount heaven

Quote:
Sorry for the stupid question, but I am not in TV - simply a prospective snowbird trying to learn about the area. Is theft of golf carts, or even from golf carts, an issue? Someone in the thread about no apartments was talking about vacant parking lots and how easy it is to roll one up on a flatbed and be gone. That led to my question.

Thanks!
IF you are silly enough to leave goods in your cart. Golf Clubs, Keys Phones, hats, jackets, etc especially at Town Squares, you are asking to lose them. Its stunning to see the goods folk leave about. But hey they must have more money than sense, and they get the Insurance to pay. Thats why the rest of us have high premiums.

Dont give thieves the chance, and yes the flatbed crew will take it all away, when you leave the keys. Folk dont do do they!!! oh yes they do.
Old 08-29-2021, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgarwel12@gmail.com View Post
We had an alarm system installed on our cart. Once the brake is locked and the alarm activated, anyone trying to release the brake and roll or even drive the cart away gets a bloody murder high-pitched screeching from the cart that can only be stopped if WE press the stop button on our fob. So far, so good. As for personal items being taken from the cart, not so far. Of course, other than for our golf clubs, we don't leave anything of value in/on the cart.
where did you get the alarm?

Always be humble and kind.
Old 08-29-2021, 11:30 AM
Default Youth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
I timed myself on how long it takes to steal a cart with no key and no destruction of any part of the cart.. Eleven seconds. Yamaha ignition, security ignition, any ignition. Eleven seconds.

By the way is anyone looking for a cart, I have got a great deal on one (humor).

No, I'm not going to tell you how I did it, suffice to say it is simple.
Obviously you had a misspent youth! At one of the Rec Centers (I will not say which!) I can get into the safely locked club storage area quicker than the staff with keys….yes also a product of a misspent youth….
Old 08-29-2021, 11:55 AM

Was working at a Golf Shop, there was a broken down golf cart in the parking lot. A tow service was called by the owner, a service from Wildwood arrived with a pick up truck and a trailer, dropped the gate, pushed the cart on and left in exactly 4 minutes. A kill switch would not have have stopped it from being loaded rapidly!
Old 08-29-2021, 12:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,122 Times in 2,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
Details please?
Not sure what you are after, standard after market automotive ignition switch (ACC, OFF, RUN, START), you do not connect to the START. Battery power (aka master fuse) to the Power stud, then the normal golf cart wire to the RUN stud, and any accessories to the NEW ACC stud. The hole where the original key switch was mount may need to be enlarged, an exacto knife works well for this.
Old 08-29-2021, 01:29 PM

Not very common to have one stolen. Best idea is to buy insurance. Policy not very expensive.
Old 08-29-2021, 04:09 PM
Default stolen golf cart

Quote:
Thank you, you've painted a realistic picture of the actual situation, I appreciate it.
My golf cart was stolen at Walmart off Wedgewood, took 30 seconds for him to open my dash on camera last December and drive away, and the perp stole another one two weeks later. he was caught, spent 5 mos in lady lake jail, was released on probation, and got caught on another stolen cart again weeks later.
Old 08-29-2021, 04:16 PM

We had a nice newer cart stolen this morning at the LaHacienda sports pool around 7:30 am while the owner was swimming
Old 08-29-2021, 04:52 PM
Gold member

Someone posted the other day on Nextdoor forum, cart was stolen from behind Margarita Republic in the parking lot.
Old 08-29-2021, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
Just insure it, if a thief wants it, he will get it....
Out of curiosity, has anyone with insurance coverage ever had a golf cart stolen and never recovered. How does the insurance work ? Does the insurance company usually compensate at full market replacement value considering that golf carts are hard to find. Does the golf cart have to be stolen for a certain number of days before the insurance company resolves the case ?
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, carts, theft, question, apartments

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.