Golf cart tires?

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2021, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcarnicom View Post
Andy from The Tire Guy will come right to your house and change them. He's got a trailer with a tire changer and does it right on sight. His # is 352-424-2254
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 02-09-2021, 07:43 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
IMO front end alignment on golf cart is up charge for nothing done except taking tape measure, marking and measuring, 4 to 10 minutes at most. Now if you hit something and bent steering parts, or steering wheel wobbles you probably have worn tie rod ends, or worn spindle bushings which will require front end alignment check. Otherwise it waste of money IMO.
I have a "new" used 2018 Yamaha from 1st cart rental. The front tire wear in a year was severe. I moved them to the back and now have wear on the tires moved to front. Saw Tod Casey working on a neighbors cart and asked him about alignment. He took a look, got a wrench, adjusted the front end using a tape measure. Like a different cart! Drives much better and less wobble. He didn't want any money but I had to give him a 20. He will be my go to guy hence forth!

Always be humble and kind.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heims01 View Post
I have a "new" used 2018 Yamaha from 1st cart rental. The front tire wear in a year was severe. I moved them to the back and now have wear on the tires moved to front. Saw Tod Casey working on a neighbors cart and asked him about alignment. He took a look, got a wrench, adjusted the front end using a tape measure. Like a different cart! Drives much better and less wobble. He didn't want any money but I had to give him a 20. He will be my go to guy hence forth!
Does Todd have a air pump for tires? I need to rotate them because one of them worn out in the middle ( My renter must have overinflated one ) until I buy one to replace.
Another question, does tune up price always include oil change? My oils seems OK but may need tune up. I smell a bit of gas.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

4 new tires at The Villages Golf Cart in Spanish Springs. $320 done in a few hours and they are the same as the ones that came on the cart. Probably could have gotten another year or so out of the old set but why chance it. Safety first for me. They are 10-inch tires on beautiful rims.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Does he supply tires or do you have to?
We have 2 questions that have not been answered. (1) Does he sell tires or just mount them at your home? (2) How much ? ( Either case for 205-65-10 )
Old 04-13-2021, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Andy from The Tire Guy will come right to your house and change them. He's got a trailer with a tire changer and does it right on sight. His # is 352-424-2254
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 04-16-2021, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbang View Post
Does Todd have a air pump for tires? I need to rotate them because one of them worn out in the middle ( My renter must have overinflated one ) until I buy one to replace.
Another question, does tune up price always include oil change? My oils seems OK but may need tune up. I smell a bit of gas.
He has a compressor and does check tire pressure. Oil and Air filter were changed. He removed the rear tires and serviced the brakes. He recently replaced a fuel pump and cleaned carb on a friends 2011 Yamaha after it had died on the road. leaky Tire might need to be taken
off and brought to a tire repair store for patching. I had a tire patched at Wildwood Tire Co.

Wildwood Tire Co :: Wildwood FL Tires & Auto Repair Shop

Old 04-17-2021, 05:58 AM

I had a flat, nail in sidewall. Took off tire and went to Wildwood Tire in Route 44 near 301. Done in 30 minutes .
Old 04-18-2021, 03:06 PM
Default What type tires on new Yamaha PTV vis a vis Champion Golf Course tire requirements

I know the size of tires on a new Yamaha PTV ( 205/65-10 ) but I also read there are restrictions on cart tires at the Country Club courses . I realize "all terrain types" might be prohibited but does anyone have a bit more information on the type of tire they are referring to ? New to the villages and will be buying a cart soon and I'd be disappointed if my "new " cart had the wrong tires for CC fairways !!
Thanks

Blue side Up !
Old 05-07-2021, 05:14 AM
Default I attached the list I got a few months ago.

[QUOTE=Dhahran;1931805]I know the size of tires on a new Yamaha PTV ( 205/65-10 ) but I also read there are restrictions on cart tires at the Country Club courses . I realize "all terrain types" might be prohibited but does anyone have a bit more information on the type of tire they are referring to ? New to the villages and will be buying a cart soon and I'd be disappointed if my "new " cart had the wrong tires for CC fairways !!
Thanks

I attached a list of tires provided to me by Caine Garden country club.
It hasn't been updated since 2017.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf approved golf cart tires.pdf (1.72 MB, 690 views)

Old 05-15-2021, 07:35 AM
Default Perfection - Andy the Tire Guy

Quote:
Had a nail in my golf cart tire, called Andy to repair which he did. I was very impressed with his professionalism, knowledge, and equipment. If you've ever seen a professional race car team and viewed their trailers of equipment then you'll know what I thought when I saw Andy's trailer and work space. His trailer was expertly laid out with all the equipment needed for his business. It is rare that I see professionalism at such a high level - that gives me confidence in the job being done correctly with high quality. His pricing may be on the upper end, but well worth it.
Old 06-06-2021, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeldl View Post
Three weeks ago I got 4 new radial 205/65-10 tires from Tire Choice in Colony. Drove the cart there. Tire cost was $279 and I had an alignment done for $34. Out the door cost was $339.

I waited in their customer room and it took about an hour. I did call ahead for an appointment.

They were courteous and easy to deal with.
I had two worn rear tires replaced at the Colony Tirechoice for $124 two days ago. They price matched Wildwood tire who currently doesn't havethe tires I needed and said they had waiting a month.
After driving The cart for a while it was making was making a sound like the brake drum was out of round. Called them and they said come in a we'll take care of it. I asked to have the new tires moved to the front and the manager explained that they are shipped in a way that make them take a few days to get round? While watching the tech work on the cart he said their was a problem with the left axle and I needed to take the cart to Yamaha. When he hit the gas on the cart the right wheel was spinning freely but the left wasn't . I am not sure if this is normal. Is the differential in these thing like a car that only drives 1 wheel? Anyway moved the tires and now all is well. No more brake noise.

I would say Tirechoice did well by me price wise, but now I am wondering about the axle/differential. The tech seemed sincere but I
did have to ask him to go ahead and move the tires, which he did.

It's a 2018 Yamaha Quietech.

Last edited by TSO/ISPF; 06-06-2021 at 02:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, cart, tires, place, buy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.