Atomic Cool Kartz

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2021, 04:13 PM
Exclamation Atomic Cool Kartz

I had my 2016 Atomic Car serviced at Atomic Cool Kartz on Feb 18, 2021, at which time the annual service was performed. I also had the golf cart package (2 golf bag holder and golf course approved turf tires/wheels) installed and had the multi-function stalk on the right hand side of the steering column which controls the windshield wipers and the rear fog lamp.

The car was returned on Feb 19, 2021, in the mid-afternoon. The next day I loaded up the golf clubs and drove about 1 mile to the golf course. Almost as soon as I pulled on to the road I heard a rumbling noise which I thought was related to the golf clubs on the holder. I stopped within a block and checked that the golf bags were secure and that the back rest of the back seat was secure. I then continued to the golf course. I parked at the starter shack and shortly thereafter a person came up and told me I had a flat tire. I called Atomic Car and spoke to the salesman (Rob, I think) and he informed me that I should call 24/7 Cart Service. We had a discussion about the cause of the flat tire and I subsequently spoke with the owner Jim (Rice I think). He went into a long, drawn out explanation about it not being flat because their technician hadn't underinflated it. He indicated that I'd probably picked up a nail which caused the flat. Jim said they'd pick up the car on Feb 22 and and inspect the tire/wheel.

I contacted 24/7 Cart service and they dispatched their service tech Joey who thoroughly inspected the tire with the spray solution around the valve stem and the entire tire. He also made sure the valve was properly seated in the valve stem. He found no leaks and inflated the tire to 32psi and the tire stayed inflated until it was picked up by Atomic Cars on Feb 22. Joey indicated he thought the tire was underinflated which caused the tire to shift and separated the bead from the rim causing the flat. According to Atomic Car, they sent a tech by on Feb 22 who inspected the tire without my knowledge. I called later in the day and spoke with the owner Jim and told him that the 24/7 tech found disintegrated tire material when the tire was deflated and that the sidewall showed signs of damage because it was driven while flat. Jim advised me he had the tire inspected by a tire company and that it was okay and damage free. I told him I still had concerns and he said he'd extend the tire warranty for 6 months. I also asked him about reimbursement for the 24/7 service call and he said he'd check with accounting to see if it could be credited back to my credit card. I didn't hear back from anyone on this.

On the evening Feb 25, 2021, I checked the functioning of the replaced multi-function stalk and found that the rear fog lamp, a safety feature, did not turn on. I read the owners manual to make sure I was doing it right (you have to turn on the low beams for the fog lamp to work). On Feb 26, 2021, I called Atomic Car and spoke with Stacy who confirmed after speaking with someone else that this was the correct way to turn on the fog lamp. She indicated the bulb might be out and that it would be checked on an annual service. I pointed out that the car was just serviced last week. I also asked if changing the bulb was something I could do and she said it was pretty involved and would best be done in the shop. I told her that I was concerned the tech that checked the lights during the annual service had possibly overlooked this item. She asked if I wanted to speak to someone in authority and I said yes.

Jim came on the line and was almost immediately indignant and dismissive of the fog light issue and said something along the line of "let me think, the tire problem caused the light bulb to go out." I told him my concern was that the tech that caused the tire problem was the one who overlooked the fog light especially since it was not easily replaced. Jim then went into a profanity laced tirade about my call saying many times f*ck this, f*ck you I don't want anything more to do with you or your f*cking car. I told him he was un professional and he continued saying f*ck you, f*ck your car and I don't want to see you back here again. He also said I was trying to "get over" by getting things done at their expense. It appears they do not back up their work.

This is my Customer Service experience with Atomic Cool Kartz.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

It's amazing the amount of bad publicity they will suffer for the price of a new tire at their cost and maybe a ''sorry". Stuff like that happens when there is a money issue, if they had more business than they could handle, they wouldn't think twice about giving the customer what they want. With money issues, and now poor service, they'll be out of business in a few months. I would buy a regular golf cart and be done with that Chinese car.

However, if you like the premise of a street legal air conditioned enclosed cart, sell that one, and go to Crown Carts in Wildwood behind Russell Stover and check out what they have. I have no connection or know anything about them, but what have sounds a lot like the Atomic Car.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 02-26-2021, 06:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,879 Times in 2,425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
It's amazing the amount of bad publicity they will suffer for the price of a new tire at their cost and maybe a ''sorry". Stuff like that happens when there is a money issue, if they had more business than they could handle, they wouldn't think twice about giving the customer what they want. With money issues, and now poor service, they'll be out of business in a few months. I would buy a regular golf cart and be done with that Chinese car.

However, if you like the premise of a street legal air conditioned enclosed cart, sell that one, and go to Crown Carts in Wildwood behind Russell Stover and check out what they have. I have no connection or know anything about them, but what have sounds a lot like the Atomic Car.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Drove the cart with severe under inflated tire which cause the bead to bust, which cause the thumping sound. The guy at starter shack pointed out his tire was flat. Why would business replace tire that the owner ruined? Sometimes too much information works against the cause.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Drove the cart with severe under inflated tire which cause the bead to bust, which cause the thumping sound. The guy at starter shack pointed out his tire was flat. Why would business replace tire that the owner ruined? Sometimes too much information works against the cause.
I don't know the OP or his car. You're saying you drove his car, the OPs cart? You know him personally and his Atomic Kart and drove it first hand. Seems you should put a more elaborate post and debunk what the OP has said about the cart. You seem to have a lot more knowledge of the situation. I'm giving advice based on the info he provided.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
I don't know the OP or his car. You're saying you drove his car, the OPs cart? You know him personally and his Atomic Kart and drove it first hand. Seems you should put a more elaborate post and debunk what the OP has said about the cart. You seem to have a lot more knowledge of the situation. I'm giving advice based on the info he provided.

I read the whole rant.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 02-26-2021 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-27-2021, 05:50 AM

If you had your cart in for an annual check up I would imagine the tire pressure check should have been done. Sounds like Atomic Cool Car missed it. You should check the other 3 and make sure they are inflated correctly. I was in automobile service for several years and technicians do miss things. I would have suspected a nail also but I would have sent a person out to make sure we didn't miss something. Sounds like they lost you as a customer and I'm sure you will tell others about your experience as you should. Stupid move by the owner of Atomic Cool Car.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
OK, I understand you just repeated what he said, but didn't quote it so it appeared you were saying that. I did read the whole thing and this written afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkdormantv
Jim advised me he had the tire inspected by a tire company and that it was okay and damage free. I told him I still had concerns and he said he'd extend the tire warranty for 6 months. I also asked him about reimbursement for the 24/7 service call and he said he'd check with accounting to see if it could be credited back to my credit card. I didn't hear back from anyone on this.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
OK, I understand you just repeated what he said, but didn't quote it so it appeared you were saying that. I did read the whole thing and this written afterwards.

“The car was returned on Feb 19, 2021, in the mid-afternoon. The next day I loaded up the golf clubs and drove about 1 mile to the golf course. Almost as soon as I pulled on to the road I heard a rumbling noise which I thought was related to the golf clubs on the holder. I stopped within a block and checked that the golf bags were secure and that the back rest of the back seat was secure. I then continued to the golf course. I parked at the starter shack and shortly thereafter a person came up and told me I had a flat tire. “”

My point was he drove it on low tire and it when flat and he still drove due to the rumbling which was thumping sound as indicated the guy at starter shack.

Now if he would of noticed the low tire before he drove it he would have solid case for jerk off golf cart repair to fix the tire or pay for having it fix’s beings he didn’t drive it flat.

No matter who or where you have business do work you have to follow up in their work. Or get in situation like OP.

IMO most don’t understand and take the business word for it and low percentage have problems that can turn into disaster.

IMO number 1 is oil changes? How may actually pull the dip stick after service and before the leave business? Very few IMO. I’ve seen several time’s oil level over serviced some times up to quart, When have car that only take 4.2 quarts. Bottom line trust but verify.

OP posted this twice and one was deleted.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpepper View Post
If you had your cart in for an annual check up I would imagine the tire pressure check should have been done. Sounds like Atomic Cool Car missed it. You should check the other 3 and make sure they are inflated correctly. I was in automobile service for several years and technicians do miss things. I would have suspected a nail also but I would have sent a person out to make sure we didn't miss something. Sounds like they lost you as a customer and I'm sure you will tell others about your experience as you should. Stupid move by the owner of Atomic Cool Car.
IMO owner partly at fault, I don’t think atomic cool car let air out of tires , it probably came In there low and had been ran low for while which points to owner not checking tire pressure periodically. No excuse for atomic cool cars not doing what required on annual check, that why customers have to follow up on work being preformed to insure doing what there supposed to.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:19 PM
Default Buyers Beware

Buyers out there looking for an electric cart, Beware of Crown Carts. I had a very bad experience and will never buy another cart from them. That little term, You Get What You Pay For. It went in and out for repairs 7 times. Plus the carts are very hot inside because they are all glass and the a/c can't keep up and they have tiny little windows. I have an Atomic now and I am very happy! You can't even compare the two. Do yourself a favor, beware!
Old 06-01-2021, 07:44 PM
Default So not true

Hello, I wanted to clear some of this up. I’m sorry if you felt mistreated. Our customers are our first priority. Jim Rice had passed away at the age of 54. He did his very best to help this customer. This customer was riding around on flat tires long before he brought the cart in for service. This is considered wear and tear. He did his best to help him understand, but as I recall the customer was very Belligerent. Jim was not the one using bad language, it was this customer.
We do everything we can to help, but we will not take abuse from a customer.
I am doing my best to keep Atomic running smoothly, after losing my beautiful husband of 25 years. And when I read false accusations it breaks my heart.
Sincerely
Angela Rice
Old 06-04-2021, 07:45 PM
Default Competition trash talk at it’s finest

[QUOTE=John_W;1908666]It's amazing the amount of bad publicity they will suffer for the price of a new tire at their cost and maybe a ''sorry". Stuff like that happens when there is a money issue, if they had more business than they could handle, they wouldn't think twice about giving the customer what they want. With money issues, and now poor service, they'll be out of business in a few months. I would buy a regular golf cart and be done with that Chinese car.

[
]
Closed Thread

Tags
tire, car, atomic, service, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.