Golf Cart Title

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2019, 10:08 AM
Default Golf Cart Title

I am assuming golf carts are not titled vechicles. Are there any precautions that I should be taking when buying a used cart from the classifieds on this site or in the newspaper to ensure that the seller actually owns the cart?
Old 02-25-2019, 10:36 AM

Ask the owner to show you a copy of their insurance contract. On it will be the cart manufacture name, year and serial number. Not everyone has cart insurance so ask the seller to see the original purchase order to see if everything looks copacetic. If they cannot provide this info then at least make sure you know what your purchasing. Check the cart serial number with the manufacture's on line serial number checker. Some folks may represent the cart as a 2012 where actually it is a 2010.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:59 AM
Sage

Yamaha carts come with a "Certificate of Origin for a Vehicle". Perhaps other manufactures have the same thing. You could ask to see that document.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwdgd View Post
I am assuming golf carts are not titled vechicles. Are there any precautions that I should be taking when buying a used cart from the classifieds on this site or in the newspaper to ensure that the seller actually owns the cart?
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, golf, site, classifieds, newspaper

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.