Golf Cart Windshield Shattered

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Default Golf Cart Windshield Shattered

I have a friend whose City Car windshield shattered while sitting in the garage. It's a mess, with pieces of glass everywhere. I wish I could post a photo. My question is, does anyone know who can replace this windshield? She can't take it back to the place where she bought it because the owner is a swindler and she has had issues with him ever since she bought the cart a few years ago.

Also, has anyone ever heard of anything like this before. Another friend suggested that the windshield was not properly installed. Any suggestions?
Old 05-20-2011, 01:49 PM

I'm surprised to hear about this incident. The only golf cart that I know of who has a glass windshield is Tomberlin and their's was initially tempered to be "street legal". I am also unfamiliar with "City Car" as a brand. Almost all wind screens in golf carts are designed to withstand heavy impact such as errant golf balls. To simply shatter while sitting in a garage would have to mean either faulty materials or improper installation. You should certainly contact the manufacturer directly.

As for replacement, if the wind shield is fairly standard most of the local repair and maintenance companies should be able to help you. The ones that immediately come to mind are "Grandma and Grandpa's Village Buggies" and "All About Carts". The cost may surprise you in a negative way.

Good luck and be sure to take photos and save pieces.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Eternal Member

My wife's Yamaha Citi Car has a glass windshield with a windshield wiper just like your auto does. It tilts outward to allow for fresh air. Never thought about it shattering though.

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.