Golf Carts need for regulation

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2021, 02:33 PM
Default Golf Carts need for regulation

We do not believe that when Mr. Schwartz founded The Villages he ever thought there would be golf carts that would go over 28 mph, have LED lights that would light up people's bedrooms, blast stereos, run the stop signs, yell into a cell phone, run walkers off the path as well as bike riders. Nor would he imagine that anyone would be out riding the paths at 2 am and later. It is way past time to have golf cart registrations and golf cart patrols that have the authority to enforce the rules and levy fines for these offenders. Enough is enough. It is beyond out of hand and people are being injured daily.
1. Driving and parking on the grass. 2. These are transportation vehicles not golf carts. Some have never been on a golf course. 3. Challenging a car at a crossing gate.

What do you say?
Old 07-08-2021, 09:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

No, I'm already paying a good buck for cart insurance.
Old 07-08-2021, 10:00 AM

personally, fine the way it is.

and I don't do any of those things in my cart

Yoda
Old 07-08-2021, 10:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halehardy View Post
We do not believe that when Mr. Schwartz founded The Villages he ever thought there would be golf carts that would go over 28 mph, have LED lights that would light up people's bedrooms, blast stereos, run the stop signs, yell into a cell phone, run walkers off the path as well as bike riders. Nor would he imagine that anyone would be out riding the paths at 2 am and later. It is way past time to have golf cart registrations and golf cart patrols that have the authority to enforce the rules and levy fines for these offenders. Enough is enough. It is beyond out of hand and people are being injured daily.
1. Driving and parking on the grass. 2. These are transportation vehicles not golf carts. Some have never been on a golf course. 3. Challenging a car at a crossing gate.

What do you say?
I say no to:
MORE government
MORE laws
MORE regulations

I don't care if someone drives their cart at 22 and passes me
I don't care if they park on the grass and go fishing or play with rover
I don't care if they are out at 2 AM

I don't think people are being injured DAILY
I don't think LEDs on carts light up rooms.
I don't think bikes and pedestrians are being run off the MMPs regularly

Why do you???

So here's a suggestion:

Have shades or curtains on your bedroom windows and draw them at night (which if you live that close to a MMP you should have already
Don't have a cow if someone passes you or parks on the grass or was out late.
Basically it NOYB, and you'll live longer.

As far as the only legitimate part of the post goes (stop signs), it seems no one (carts, bikes, cars, motorcycles, skateboards, roller blades, scooters, segways, etc.) comes to a complete stop anymore. Good luck enforcing that one.
Old 07-08-2021, 10:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

What do you say?
More government? Nooo!
Old 07-08-2021, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

What do you say?
I say NO. When you start policing and regulating for what stands at such a minor problem, you start spending MY money and I don't like it.
Old 07-08-2021, 10:13 AM

More laws and government oversight? No thankyou.
Old 07-08-2021, 11:43 AM
Veteran member

WOW... some one needs to chill out... I'd like to know where you got all your info. on what Harold Schwartz thought it would be like in the future??

and who is WE that you refer to??
"We do not believe that when Mr. Schwartz founded The Villages he ever thought there would be golf carts that would "

Also do you also think he ever imagined that his kids would now build whole new sections with very few amenities until after much of the area is sold out?
Old 07-08-2021, 11:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,589 Times in 934 Posts

Lighten up Francis
Old 07-08-2021, 12:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:

What do you say?
What does Mr Schwartz have to do with your rant?
Old 07-08-2021, 12:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
WOW... some one needs to chill out... I'd like to know where you got all your info. on what Harold Schwartz thought it would be like in the future??

and who is WE that you refer to??
"We do not believe that when Mr. Schwartz founded The Villages he ever thought there would be golf carts that would "

Also do you also think he ever imagined that his kids would now build whole new sections with very few amenities until after much of the area is sold out?
How does the timing of amenities impact you?
Old 07-08-2021, 03:29 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I say no to:
MORE government
MORE laws
MORE regulations

I don't care if someone drives their cart at 22 and passes me
I don't care if they park on the grass and go fishing or play with rover
I don't care if they are out at 2 AM

I don't think people are being injured DAILY
I don't think LEDs on carts light up rooms.
I don't think bikes and pedestrians are being run off the MMPs regularly

Why do you???

So here's a suggestion:

Have shades or curtains on your bedroom windows and draw them at night (which if you live that close to a MMP you should have already
Don't have a cow if someone passes you or parks on the grass or was out late.
Basically it NOYB, and you'll live longer.

As far as the only legitimate part of the post goes (stop signs), it seems no one (carts, bikes, cars, motorcycles, skateboards, roller blades, scooters, segways, etc.) comes to a complete stop anymore. Good luck enforcing that one.
What he said

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 07-08-2021, 06:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:

What do you say?
He also did not think that there would be a hospital, town squares, a high school, etc. Not sure why someone would think that we should roll back the calendar.
Old 07-08-2021, 06:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:

What do you say?
We already have regulations for golf carts. I don't think we need more. What we could use, however, is more efficient enforcement of the rules we already have.

I don't know how it could be implemented. But that's what I think about the topic in general.

I also DO think that all golf carts need to come with seat belts. I think that any dealership selling any used golf cart, should be required to add seat belts before the carts can be resold. Did they implement a law about that in Florida already? If not, they should. And, I feel very strongly that anyone who gets in an accident while driving or being a passenger of a golf cart, if that cart had seat belts and they chose not to wear them, should be fined, and their health insurance should not cover the cost of their injuries, and their golf cart insurance (if they have any) should not pay out a dime on the accident.

Personal accountability. Sure you can take your chances if you want. But then YOU pay the price. It shouldn't end up costing everyone else higher premiums to pay for your bad choices.
Old 07-08-2021, 06:23 PM
Gold member

I say what’s your problem! Stop Bitchin.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, carts, run, cart, registrations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.