2017 & 2018 Yamaha Golf Cart Camber Problems

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2019, 12:01 PM
Default 2017 & 2018 Yamaha Golf Cart Camber Problems

I have seen here where other 2017 & 2018 Yamaha Drive2 owners are complaining about negative camber on the front wheels causing extreme wear on the inside of the tires. I just talked a Yamaha Dealer who informed that there is NO adjustment on camber. Furthermore, Yamaha Corporation says they don't recognize any problem with the negative camber. So, it looks like we will just have to buy two new tires every 18 months
Old 06-30-2019, 12:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaco906 View Post
I have seen here where other 2017 & 2018 Yamaha Drive2 owners are complaining about negative camber on the front wheels causing extreme wear on the inside of the tires. I just talked a Yamaha Dealer who informed that there is NO adjustment on camber. Furthermore, Yamaha Corporation says they don't recognize any problem with the negative camber. So, it looks like we will just have to buy two new tires every 18 months
A quick Google search offered 2 options, the first custom spacers on the springs, and second drilling out the hole at the top of the frame, setting the camber correctly, and welding in washers. I did see mention for a camber adjustment kit, but did not click in the link. You may want to do a more detailed search for a solution. Also, there were comments to make sure the TOE was set correctly before any of this was done.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:48 PM

When your tires wear out is it straight across the tread, or just the inside 2-3 inches of tread.?
Closed Thread

Tags
camber, yamaha, tires, negative, recognize

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.