Headlamp replacement

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2018, 08:47 AM
Default Headlamp replacement

I Hava a 2010 club car that I want to do a headlight replacement on, Im a DIY Guy has anyone replaced the headlight on theirs?
It appears to have only 2 screws holding it in. Any help on the removal would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,126 Times in 2,240 Posts

I had used Google, but you can do the same with Amazon to search for replacement headlights, based on make, model, and year, if you do not have the replacement lights yet. As for the wiring, many of the golf carts I have looked at are a rats nest of old wiring and old connections. When I have helped friends and neighbors, I usually have to remove old wires and old connectors, and replace with new. I also go the extra step to apply liquid tape (Harbor Freight) to the new joints to keep them water tight.
If you are doing this yourself, I suggest LED lights, BUT, please make sure they are aimed correctly so you do not blind on coming drivers. Send me a PM if you would like a helping hand, I am located in the village of Pinellas, and would like the cart here so I would have access to all of my tools.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:38 AM
Veteran member

watch a you tube on how to replace it
Old 01-08-2018, 09:53 AM
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I had used Google, but you can do the same with Amazon to search for replacement headlights, based on make, model, and year, if you do not have the replacement lights yet. As for the wiring, many of the golf carts I have looked at are a rats nest of old wiring and old connections. When I have helped friends and neighbors, I usually have to remove old wires and old connectors, and replace with new. I also go the extra step to apply liquid tape (Harbor Freight) to the new joints to keep them water tight.
If you are doing this yourself, I suggest LED lights, BUT, please make sure they are aimed correctly so you do not blind on coming drivers. Send me a PM if you would like a helping hand, I am located in the village of Pinellas, and would like the cart here so I would have access to all of my tools.
Thanks for the offer of helping, before I read your offer I had already installed the new led headlight. Of course the new light came with no directions but it wasn’t to hard to figure out. My next project will be installing LED body lights that should be fun. Any recommendations on what brand to buy?
Old 01-08-2018, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,126 Times in 2,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
Thanks for the offer of helping, before I read your offer I had already installed the new led headlight. Of course the new light came with no directions but it wasn’t to hard to figure out. My next project will be installing LED body lights that should be fun. Any recommendations on what brand to buy?
You can go to LED Lights, Bulbs & LED Lighting Accessories | superbrightleds.com, they have LEDS specifically for golf carts. You did not state gas or electric cart. If electric, be very careful where you connect the LEDs as these typically are 12 VDC rating. Also, pay attention to polarity, if reversed, they will not work.

Tags
headlight, replacement, screws, appears, holding

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.