Hot Rod Cart

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2010, 06:56 PM

"Son, you gonna drive me to drinkin' if you don't stop drivin' thar hot rod........Yamaha!"
Old 06-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Graciegirl,
How about a golf cart only drive-in with cart hops?

Since the cart only drive-in is at the polo field, it is going to be awfully hard for the carthops to skate on the polo field!!!

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaZen View Post
"Son, you gonna drive me to drinkin' if you don't stop drivin' thar hot rod........Yamaha!"
THAT'S GOOD! Maybe we should have them rename Lake Shore Drive, THUNDER ROAD.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Founder

Remember, some time ago, I started.....ah I mean, I heard a rumor that there were going to be stock cart races every Saturday night around the polo field. They were even (I heard) going to offer vinegar with the french fries at the concession stand. TOTV was going to sponsor one of the super modifieds.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Sage

Well, you know whose cart it was, don't you? It belongs to the little ole lady from Pasadena.

Go granny, go granny, go granny, go!
Old 06-20-2010, 10:56 PM

I know that you can have your cart modified to go faster. I think Sta-Rite golf carts in Fruitland Park does some modifications to increase speed.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:48 AM
Default Speed?

Everyone seems to have feelings one way or another about making a golf cart go faster. No one has expressed concerns about having the ability to stop when a golf cart is modified. If you want to soup up your cart fine, just make sure your brakes are modified so you can stop when needed. Stopping a golf cart from 19.9 is a lot easier than stopping one from 30. Nuff said
Old 06-21-2010, 09:03 AM

Fast shmast, who cares? "To each his own" As for me, I like to leave a little early when I take my cart somewhere. I just meander along and take in all the sights of this beautiful place that I have been blessed to live in. If someone comes up behind me I do all that I can to help them to pass me. As they go bye I wave, I wave with my whole hand, and they wave back with only one finger, strange but, I figure it must be some kind of a local custom. Oh well, happy motoring everyone.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beartrack View Post
Fast shmast, who cares? "To each his own" As for me, I like to leave a little early when I take my cart somewhere. I just meander along and take in all the sights of this beautiful place that I have been blessed to live in. If someone comes up behind me I do all that I can to help them to pass me. As they go bye I wave, I wave with my whole hand, and they wave back with only one finger, strange but, I figure it must be some kind of a local custom. Oh well, happy motoring everyone.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 06-21-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
This is my biggest fear of the widening of the cart paths north of 466!! When I drive over to LSL, once I go through the tunnels to the south side, I feel like I am on Rt 80 in NJ!!
Geez, my memory of route 80 is that of a parking lot.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.