Villages Golf Car Store Policy

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2018, 02:29 PM
Angry Villages Golf Car Store Policy

I have an older Yamaha golf cart and I needed to purchase a couple of new tires. I called the Brownwood store to talk to the service department to get a price and then asked when they could do the service. I was asked "did you buy the cart from us?" I said, it is a older cart and I am not the original buyer so I do not know. I was then told "we do not make appointments except for carts that were purchased here. You will have to come and wait to see when we can do it as a first come, first serve situation." So, no tires on my cart from them and no more service or repairs or gas from The Villages Cart Stores!
Old 09-25-2018, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithreeputtoo View Post
I have an older Yamaha golf cart and I needed to purchase a couple of new tires. I called the Brownwood store to talk to the service department to get a price and then asked when they could do the service. I was asked "did you buy the cart from us?" I said, it is a older cart and I am not the original buyer so I do not know. I was then told "we do not make appointments except for carts that were purchased here. You will have to come and wait to see when we can do it as a first come, first serve situation." So, no tires on my cart from them and no more service or repairs or gas from The Villages Cart Stores!
And...?
Old 09-25-2018, 02:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Not unusual. Carts and Clubs will not service a cart that was not purchased from them.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:48 PM
Gold member

Here is a link to a thread that might be of some help.
There are a number of decent cart service people
that will come to your home and do the work required!
I’ve personally used Todd Casey, and was quite happy with his work and pricing!

At home golf cart service
Old 09-25-2018, 02:48 PM
Veteran member

They didn't say they wouldn't service it, they won't make an appointment. First come first serve.
It makes sense that they would first take care of their customers.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:52 PM

I bought a used cart that had a fairly obvious sign that it was purchased from TV Carts because it had the logo affixed to the windshield. However, that wasn't proof in itself because the windshields are interchangeable. I took it up to the Colony location and they very easily took the serial number from the cart and looked it up in their computer and were able to tell me who the original buyer was, the date it was purchased, the equipment and options it was purchased with, and exactly how much it cost new. And, to my surprise, they told me it was still under warranty with them.

A cart is not just any cart - they are all made differently. If they serviced just anything, it would be like taking a Ferrari to a Ford dealership. As stated above, this is not an unusual policy and they aren't the only ones that have it.

All that said, if you have the means to jack it up and take the wheels off, you can get most tire dealers to order some tires and put them on the wheels for you.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:53 PM
Default The question is.....

Since I am the 3rd or 4th owner of the cart, how would I know IF it was bought from The Villages, unless she was telling me, ONLY if you buy it from our store, will we make an appointment. I do not need any advise on who to get to service carts here. I was just trying to give them some of my business but will give it to someone else. Also last time I went there I got an appointment with anyone asking me that so I guess it caught me off guard. No biggie.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Since I am the 3rd or 4th owner of the cart, how would I know IF it was bought from The Villages
I answered this in my previous post. Give them the serial number off the cart and they can look it up in their system.

I bought my cart back in April. It was 4 years old with no service records. But it looked and drove like brand new and only had 140 hours on it. I verified that the cart was purchased from them and was even still under warranty, but I thought it was best to get it serviced ASAP since I had nothing showing when it was last done. Even with the cart purchased from them, I called 1 location and was told I could get an appointment in 2 months. I called a second location and was told 6 weeks, and then I called up to the Spanish Springs store and they were able to get me in in 4 weeks. I was closest to Brownwood at the time and didn't really want to take it that far, and drop it off and then have to go back and get it. But, they gave me a brand new cart as a loaner without my even asking, so I have no complaints. I think their policy is reasonable.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:03 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post

A cart is not just any cart - they are all made differently. If they serviced just anything, it would be like taking a Ferrari to a Ford dealership.
Amusing comparison!
Old 09-25-2018, 03:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
I answered this in my previous post. Give them the serial number off the cart and they can look it up in their system.

I bought my cart back in April. It was 4 years old with no service records. But it looked and drove like brand new and only had 140 hours on it. I verified that the cart was purchased from them and was even still under warranty, but I thought it was best to get it serviced ASAP since I had nothing showing when it was last done. Even with the cart purchased from them, I called 1 location and was told I could get an appointment in 2 months. I called a second location and was told 6 weeks, and then I called up to the Spanish Springs store and they were able to get me in in 4 weeks. I was closest to Brownwood at the time and didn't really want to take it that far, and drop it off and then have to go back and get it. But, they gave me a brand new cart as a loaner without my even asking, so I have no complaints. I think their policy is reasonable.
We too bought a cart from the LSL location in 2014. I happily drove their new quiet loaner while mine was being serviced a few months ago
Old 09-25-2018, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Wildwood tire will do golf cart tires, and mounting. As stated above, the wheels are easy to take off and put on. maybe one of your neighbors has a jacK.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:34 PM

We have been hearing this from many new customers. All I can say, is be glad. We are hearing horror stories and seeing many new parts on carts that are not that old. We are finding many cars that are not being serviced properly and adjustments are way off. So it may not be a bad thing after all.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:18 PM
Sage

You can probably show up at the crack of dawn for a first-come/first-served appointment and they will give you a loaner. I have showed up to have some sunbrella snaps replaced and they didn't care that I didn't buy the cart there. They also sell me parts.

Quote:
Old 09-25-2018, 09:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

Call Todd Casey, he comes to your house by appointment and does excellent service at a very fair price and is way more qualified than the hacks working at the Villages Golf Cart store. We bought both our carts from the Villages, but would much rather use Todd to work on our carts.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,587 Times in 566 Posts

We bought our 06 from C&C in 2014 would no longer do service due to age.
Villages carts did our yearly service with no problems, on that cart.

VC doesn't like to give you an appointment even on our new cart from them, depending On who answers phone. Should be a better system, on online appointment would work better. But that would be too easy. I have tried to just do drive up at 6am, and still got shut out because of work load from day before.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, service, asked, villages, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.