ICON brand of golf cart?

Closed Thread
Old 11-17-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flhr95 View Post
In the market for a new cart, electric will work for our short trips. Have seen a new brand of cart on the market (ICON), features seem great for the money. Doesn't look like any local dealers, wondering if anyone has purchased this brand and their thoughts.
We bought a Tomberlin electric cart from Luxus Golf Carts in Leesburg. Love the cart and service. Range is about 50-60 miles. We have been all over The Villages and back home in this cart.
Old 11-17-2020, 10:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue67 View Post
I love my Atomic!!
My father in law loves his Atomic also. Fully enclosed, air, heat, power windows and door locks, radio, windshield wipers and $10k less than an open air replica cart!
Old 11-17-2020, 11:30 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,136 Times in 881 Posts

The Atomic carts are freakin amazing. Just like a mini car. Not cheap but worth considering.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:07 PM
Veteran member

Hey, I have a 2007 4 seater Club Cart with new batteries and has never been on a Golf Course. It looks brand new, hardly used and is in perfect shape. $3500 it's yours.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:54 PM

Our 2009 Star Car “cartvertible” delivered Nov 2008. Now on our 3rd set of tires and batteries. Tune up every other year. We don’t play golf just enjoy carting around.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker
My father in law loves his Atomic also. Fully enclosed, air, heat, power windows and door locks, radio, windshield wipers and $10k less than an open air replica cart!
Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
The Atomic carts are freakin amazing. Just like a mini car. Not cheap but worth considering.
I see more and more Atomic electric cars over the last couple of years, but they're pushing $15,000 in price. The Crown dealer that I mentioned earlier, located behind Russell Stover Candy. Besides selling the Chinese made Star Cart, that I did say many Villagers own and like, also sell a electric car that rivals Atomic and it's the Crown and sells for only $10,995.

The Villages Florida
Old 11-17-2020, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flhr95 View Post
In the market for a new cart, electric will work for our short trips. Have seen a new brand of cart on the market (ICON), features seem great for the money. Doesn't look like any local dealers, wondering if anyone has purchased this brand and their thoughts.
Looking for electric, new, cheaper that the rest. Someone just mentioned Luxus of Leesburg, that same dealer sells a cart similar to ICON, the Evolution and I don't think too many can beat this deal for four seater.

2021 Evolution Plus 4 seater. So many options, backup camera, Bluetooth, radio, speedometer, odometer, media player, touchscreen operation and LITHIUM!! All for $8680!!
The best value & the best warranty in the industry

The Villages Florida

The 2 seater starts at $7500 NEW!!

The Villages Florida
Old 11-17-2020, 06:58 PM

I traded in my 2011 EZGo for the 4 seat version of the Evolution. Including tax, sunbrella, and golf club attachment, the price was just under $10,000. However, it's not quite ready for prime time. The side mirrors can't be properly adjusted. Left one is worthless. Very rough going over bumps. No center rear view mirror or upper storage bin. Got 40 mile range from a 130 AH battery which is really bad. Seats weren't great. In a couple years hopefully it will be improved. It is a great value but the quality is not up to Yamaha or EZ Go. I liked the screen, bluetooth, speedometer, and USB connections.

I returned it and got my EZGo back with a Roypow 105 AH lithium battery installed for $2500. The EZGo ride seems smoother than I remember. Maybe because the battery weight was reduced by 300 pounds. I get over 50 miles range. Haven't had a chance to get an accurate number. Could be more.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:10 AM

We have two Par Cars which have worked great for us. Unfortunately, they are no longer being made. A few comments:
1) If you go with lead acid batteries, get the filling kit which makes adding water a breeze.
2) At this point, I would definitely try Lithium batteries but get the highest Ampere Hours possible.
3) Also consider the power requirements of the cart as well since that may limit the distance you go. (Radio, lights, AC/heater/ motor) The electric golf cart market is still evolving. As a result, not all manufacturers are using the latest and greatest equipment.

Good luck and Have Fun!
Old 11-18-2020, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue67 View Post
I love my Atomic!!
Atomic look great but I want a golf cart. I want to be in the outdoors with the wind in my face.

If I want to be in an enclosed air conditioned cabin, I drive my car.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:55 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistervin View Post
Our 2009 Star Car “cartvertible” delivered Nov 2008. Now on our 3rd set of tires and batteries. Tune up every other year. We don’t play golf just enjoy carting around.
I have the same cart bought the same year. We upgraded seats and LED lights, new tires and 3 sets of batteries. Not one mechanical problem in 12 years. Have over 25000 miles. I am thinking of a new electric and like the yamaha with glass doors but you cant get that in The Villages.

Tags
cart, brand, icon, market, wondering

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.