If you can't beat them, join them !!! -- Par Car speed

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2017, 02:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daily Run View Post
It is the same old story but I am doing something about it not just complaining like everyone else...now I can drag race you
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
You do realize that it will negate your insurance if you are in an accident, regardless of fault?
That's why I am quite content to splutter along at the speed limit, and let the drag racers win!
Old 10-22-2017, 04:13 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I rented star electric cart in 2014. It had switch on dash said high and low. I thought it was for the lights. One night I flipped the switch to high and then cart hit another gear. I swear I hit 40 mph before I backed off ( once you get above 25 you can really feel wind. Cart didn't have speedometer I guess more amps to the electric motor spun it faster to get higher speed?
The Star dealer is going to love you for sending all the speed demons their way, but I don’t think you statement is accurate. We have a Star cart with a hi/lo switch. In low, the top speed is about 14 mph. With the high setting the top speed is around 21. 22 going down hill with a tailwind...
Old 10-22-2017, 08:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
The Star dealer is going to love you for sending all the speed demons their way, but I don’t think you statement is accurate. We have a Star cart with a hi/lo switch. In low, the top speed is about 14 mph. With the high setting the top speed is around 21. 22 going down hill with a tailwind...
You need an adjustment. My low speed is 20, my high speed is...well...higher.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-22-2017, 09:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
You need an adjustment. My low speed is 20, my high speed is...well...higher.
Thanks, but no thanks! I am fine.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daily Run View Post
I am looking for someone to raise the speed on my Parcar...private message me if you'd like. I have been driving my golf cart at 20 for 7 years and I don't care if you pass me but I have had too many close calls now that I relocated down to the south end of The Villages. I have been driving on Pinellas for over 3 years and after they get past me they slow down and cut me off. Crazy...I have had to slam on my breaks way too many times to avoid an accident...the winter is a nightmare...I am joining them as it seems that the police are not taking hold of the situation, so be it...I will be just one more privileged Villager in a big pond.
We are talking about in most cases an extra 5 MPH. I wonder what motivates people to conduct themselves this way! How much time do you really save? Joining them and adding to the problem is probably not the way to solve a problem.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
We are talking about in most cases an extra 5 MPH. I wonder what motivates people to conduct themselves this way! How much time do you really save? Joining them and adding to the problem is probably not the way to solve a problem.
Most of us feel the same way But then I don't have a need for speedl
Closed Thread

Tags
driving, years, nightmare, slam, crazy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.