install am/fm ,cd player receiver with speakers in my yamaha gas cart

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr kibbles View Post
does anyone in or near the villages install am/fm cd,players receivers with speakers in the village or nearby where they would pick up the cart -or is there someone that can come on over to my home to do this
Todd's Golf Cart Repair will come right to the House and do the work. I Manage around 100 Rentals and Snowbirds and I use and refer them to all my Owners.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:10 AM

Absolutely! 👍🏻
Old 05-15-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 View Post
Imagine if EVERYONE had them... it was nice to drive along in the cart, now you get blasted with LOUD music.... use headphones.....
Not that it matters to anyone here in The Villages, but using headphones while driving a motor vehicle is illegal.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:10 AM
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
a CD player in the golf cart is a disaster, MM paths are too bumpy and the CD jumps and skips all the time. 2 other options, make sure your radio has a USB that you can play music from or get a $40 Bluetooth speaker mounted and play music from your phone.
I have a little bluetooth speak that I hang behind my head and a little mp3 player with about 550 songs on it that I like. Works perfectly. Also, if I go to a pool I simply take them out of my cart and bingo I have music there as well.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:41 AM
Default Cart radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Why wouldn't they? I wouldn't have one without stereo.
Because I don’t use my cart just for golf?
Old 05-16-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Why wouldn't they? I wouldn't have one without stereo.
Exactly. Perfect when heading out for a long drive around or heading to the golf course. Turn on the tunes. Radio and speakers in home made compartments were the first thing I built for both carts with Sirius radio or plug in my I-pod to listen to my playlists.
Old 05-17-2020, 07:29 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingjunior View Post
Just get a Bluetooth speaker and connect to your smartphone.
That is what i did. Very inexpensive and effective
Old 05-18-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
a CD player in the golf cart is a disaster, MM paths are too bumpy and the CD jumps and skips all the time. 2 other options, make sure your radio has a USB that you can play music from or get a $40 Bluetooth speaker mounted and play music from your phone.
I know what you mean.One of my Sirius recievers is a newer version that sits on a small dock for auto use. It won't stay in the dock so I have been trying to improvise something to secure it in place.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr kibbles View Post
does anyone in or near the villages install am/fm cd,players receivers with speakers in the village or nearby where they would pick up the cart -or is there someone that can come on over to my home to do this
Going old school....cool

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-19-2020, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,107 Times in 2,235 Posts

Mr Kibbles,

I will work with you to install an OVERHEAD all in one tray type radio and speaker installation if you are interested. Go online, and search for golf cart parts, then go to a site, go to your make and year and look at accessories so you get a part that will fit your cart. These units will have 2 speakers installed, as well as the radio unit. Cost will be in the $300 range for the parts. All wiring is contained in the tray unit, except for the power and ground leads, and possibly an external antenna. Wiring might be able to be routed in the window frame, or attached with tyraps and a connection to the 12 VDC is made under the dash.
Now, very important, I am assuming you have a GAS cart with a 12 v battery. If you have an electric cart, sorry, I may not be able to help. The cart would need to be brought to my house (where I have all of my tools), just south of 466a. Let me know if you are interested.

Tags
install, am/fm, cart, speakers, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.