Columbia ParCar of Florida (Leesburg)

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2019, 06:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Columbia ParCar of Florida (Leesburg)

Have you had any experience of them - good or bad?

Our cart was bought from them five years ago and has been serviced by them every six months.

We noticed a growling from the motor so they took it in to be fixed, which was done under warranty. They also recommended having the motor fully cleaned - $200+.

We returned from vacation and tried the cart but it failed to run, giving us an error message. Since it was now out of warranty (by two weeks) we called Todd Casey, who came today and told us the brushes in the motor were the problem and that only ParCar could fix it (although he could put in a new motor for $1,000).

This is with THREE MILES on the clock since ParCar were supposed to have fixed the problem and serviced the motor.

I am waiting to hear if ParCar is willing to fix for free but, being just out of warranty I am not expecting good news.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:15 AM
Veteran member

Not sure why you would want a Par Car. My thoughts on a golf cart is to buy one with a good reputation that you can get service on locally.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
Not sure why you would want a Par Car. My thoughts on a golf cart is to buy one with a good reputation that you can get service on locally.
My previous ParCar (1999 model) was very reliable and was serviced by a number of "third parties". It was only when it needed new batteries I decided that the money would be better spent getting a newer model.

However, I am hoping that CPCofF will do the right thing. If not, TC is happy to rectify the problem.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

If it has only been a couple weeks since the motor was serviced, i would expect there to be a 60 or 90 day "guarantee" on the work. They could certainly claim this is unrelated, but it would be reasonable to raise a little stink that it is very possible that they damaged the brushes while working on the motor.
Closed Thread

Tags
motor, parcar, problem, warranty, serviced

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.