Jack

Closed Thread
Old 06-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Jack

I bought 2 used tires for my golf cart. It turns out that my car jack won't fit the cart. So, does anyone have a jack I can borrow or would be willing to help me put the tires on at their house? (I'd ask my neighbors but they'd offer to help me and all of them are either elderly or ill.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Red face wish I could

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I bought 2 used tires for my golf cart. It turns out that my car jack won't fit the cart. So, does anyone have a jack I can borrow or would be willing to help me put the tires on at their house? (I'd ask my neighbors but they'd offer to help me and all of them are either elderly or ill.)
Wish I was down there already but won't be there 'till 1st week of Aug. I'm hoping my motorcycle jack will work for me When I need to change tires. PM me if you don't get it done B4 then.
- Irving Kristol
Old 06-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Eternal Member

Any kind of scissor/accordion/screw jack should work. See if a neighbor has a foreign car or a Dodge Neon type car (which I have). The jack works great.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:52 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
If you can wait 3 weeks I will happy to help
Old 06-19-2010, 09:16 AM

An 8' 2x4 as a fulcrum won't lift two wheels in the air?
Old 06-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoseman View Post
An 8' 2x4 as a fulcrum won't lift two wheels in the air?
That would be the lever. You need a large block of wood or a cinder block or log or something like that for the fulcrum.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 06-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Sage

Sadly, I am not around now to help out, but just want to share what I did my first time down until I brought some tools from my northern home. I went out to Lowe's or Home Depot and spent $10 on a 2 ton bottle jack. handy to have, easy to store.

Works great for changing tires, but IMO DO NOT get under a cart without investing in jack stands......

Last edited by ajbrown; 06-19-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.