Kawasaki Mule 610 as Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2021, 08:30 AM
Default Kawasaki Mule 610 as Golf Cart

Hi. I’m moving to The Villages next month. I have a Kawasaki Mule, which is the smallest UTV you can get and is the width of a golf card and length of a four seat golf cart. I’d love to bring it. Do folks use such things to get around? I’m assuming it cannot be used on a golf course even with approved tires. But, I usually walk anyway. Thanks!
Old 05-22-2021, 08:32 AM
Sage

If it is capable of over 20mph, no.
Old 05-22-2021, 08:39 AM

You say it is the width of a golf cart. I would verify that since from what I've seen, they are a little wider than the golf carts here in The Villages. And since the golf cart paths, tunnels, and bridges were built for golf carts, the extra width would be a real problem if you drove it anywhere other than up and down the street in front of your house. You probably couldn't take it to the town squares, shopping, or much where else. So in addition to the speed restriction, I would really discourage you from trying to use this as your mode of transportation here in The Villages. The only time you see these types of vehicles are by the maintenance crews working on the landscape projects.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,930 Times in 2,700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
You say it is the width of a golf cart. I would verify that since from what I've seen, they are a little wider than the golf carts here in The Villages. And since the golf cart paths, tunnels, and bridges were built for golf carts, the extra width would be a real problem if you drove it anywhere other than up and down the street in front of your house. You probably couldn't take it to the town squares, shopping, or much where else. So in addition to the speed restriction, I would really discourage you from trying to use this as your mode of transportation here in The Villages. The only time you see these types of vehicles are by the maintenance crews working on the landscape projects.
Agree, as much as I like UTV’s, they are not appropriate for the Villages as a form of transportation. Is it just me, or does a first time poster start a thread about this every couple of months?
Old 05-22-2021, 09:20 AM

It is not just you. I have seen such posts before. However, they were for larger, faster UTVs than the Mule. So, I thought I’d ask. Thanks.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Speed of cart does not limit the ability to go on a course. Tire size and overall size of cart does. Street legal carts are allowed on the courses and they go over 20.
Old 05-22-2021, 10:33 AM

I decided to check the web for the dimensions of the Kawasaki Mule vs a Yamaha golf cart. And like I suspected, the Mule is wider than a golf cart. The width of the Kawasaki Mule is listed as 52.6 inches. The width of the Yamaha Drive 2 golf cart is 47.3 inches. Can you imagine driving over the Lake Sumter bridge in your Yamaha golf cart and seeing a cart that is 5+ inches wider coming at you. That bridge is so narrow that it is precarious when 2 carts meet, let alone something that was 5+ inches wider. And on that bridge with the high crubs neither vehicles can pull off to the side to let the other pass. So I don't think you should think of this as your Villages mode of transportation. Bring it and store it in your garage and take it out to wherever off roading is allowed, but PLEASE do not use it within The Villages.
Old 05-22-2021, 10:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,930 Times in 2,700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
I decided to check the web for the dimensions of the Kawasaki Mule vs a Yamaha golf cart. And like I suspected, the Mule is wider than a golf cart. The width of the Kawasaki Mule is listed as 52.6 inches. The width of the Yamaha Drive 2 golf cart is 47.3 inches. Can you imagine driving over the Lake Sumter bridge in your Yamaha golf cart and seeing a cart that is 5+ inches wider coming at you. That bridge is so narrow that it is precarious when 2 carts meet, let alone something that was 5+ inches wider. And on that bridge with the high crubs neither vehicles can pull off to the side to let the other pass. So I don't think you should think of this as your Villages mode of transportation. Bring it and store it in your garage and take it out to wherever off roading is allowed, but PLEASE do not use it within The Villages.
Actually, I can imagine going over the Sumter bridge and experiencing something much wider coming at me. It has happened a couple of times with a Polaris Gem. On another note, I wonder how high the UTV is and if that might be an issue in the tunnels.
Old 05-22-2021, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

IMHO, you will have other problems since this is a UTV and not a GOLF CART, there are Florida laws you will probably run afoul of, insurance will probably be a problem, tires will absolutely be a problem. Golf carts are legally limited to 20 mph (yes I know lots of people have them set much higher), FL law states anything capable of greater than 20 MPH is a LOW SPEED VEHICLE, now can you imagine getting a UTV classified as a low speed vehicle.
IMHO, not a good fit for TV.
Old 05-22-2021, 06:54 PM

Before I moved down here I had a Kaw Mule 600 utility vehicle but it is definitely wider than a golf cart. Because of the tires I dont believe it will be approved for golf course use. Also wanted to warn you about its width going through bridges and tunnels...I sold my golf cart and kawasaki 610 before I left Ohio to move down here. I will say the price of golf carts down here are way over priced compared to buying them out of state. My friend who moved from Ohio got the same golf cart up there for 3000 less in Ohio than they were priced here.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:04 PM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Where did you get that info? Mine do 30+, speed limit is 22... ?? And you can get street legal at 35...

The mule is too wide, that's all. The bridge by Sumter would be very tough.
Old 05-23-2021, 05:06 AM
Veteran member

You might seem a little out of place with it, although those silly little cars some people are driving are just as weird.
Old 05-23-2021, 05:11 AM

Nope
Old 05-23-2021, 05:47 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsport View Post
Hi. I’m moving to The Villages next month. I have a Kawasaki Mule, which is the smallest UTV you can get and is the width of a golf card and length of a four seat golf cart. I’d love to bring it. Do folks use such things to get around? I’m assuming it cannot be used on a golf course even with approved tires. But, I usually walk anyway. Thanks!
Get a tape measure out and provide the exact dimensions of the UTV . If you have a speedometer you can drive 20 mph. Speedometers are easy to install. I had a Yamaha cart that the governor was broken on. That thing would go 36mph but I kept it under 25. Also you will need turn signals front and rear (I am sure it has headlights and taillights). Don’t listen to the automatic “no “answers you get on this site

Last edited by thevillages2013; 05-23-2021 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Adding comment
Old 05-23-2021, 06:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
Speed of cart does not limit the ability to go on a course. Tire size and overall size of cart does. Street legal carts are allowed on the courses and they go over 20.
Yes they can - 24 1/2 mph
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, mule, kawasaki, cart, i’m

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.