Kawasaki Mule 610 as Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2021, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
Speed of cart does not limit the ability to go on a course. Tire size and overall size of cart does. Street legal carts are allowed on the courses and they go over 20.
Can street legal carts be used on the golf cart trails throughout The Villages? That is if the max speed is kept at 20mph or under?
Old 05-24-2021, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
As I regularly state a post where someone says hey I am wrong is rare indeed.
Typical post-I am right because.
There is no shortage of people who are sure the other person is wrong and they are right.
Well, that didn't take long... I knew I should have prefaced my remarks with "It's my understanding that..." or "Here's what I believe to be the case...". I did try to separate what was my opinion from what I truly believe to be some facts as expressed to me by law enforcement personnel. At least I am a GEM car owner and I do have some understanding of what's involved. I do note that others who expressed "facts" were not lucky enough to get a similar response.

I do understand the respondent's perspective and I agree with it. I should have known better and kept my opinions to myself... sometimes it's just too tempting.

No hard feelings. We all have opinions.
Old 05-24-2021, 01:03 PM

Why take the chance? Sell it and buy a normal cart ~
Old 05-24-2021, 01:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

"...the Mule is wider than a golf cart. The width of the Kawasaki Mule is listed as 52.6 inches. The width of the Yamaha Drive 2 golf cart is 47.3 inches."

The Atomic Ion XL is 54" wide

There really should be a maximum width allowed on the multi-modals
Old 05-25-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLee View Post
Can street legal carts be used on the golf cart trails throughout The Villages? That is if the max speed is kept at 20mph or under?
I'm going to go out on a limb here (I've already been spanked once here...) and say that it is my understanding that Low Speed Vehicles are allowed on the multimodal paths (opinion). I have one and I do use the multimodal paths and I've never been challenged (facts). I believe the paths are private property and, it is my understanding that, whereas law enforcement has jurisdiction on the public roads, they have none there (opinion but as related by law enforcement). Have you ever seen a speed limit sign on the paths? I haven't except for the Lake Sumter bridge crossing (fact) (10 MPH - have you ever seen anyone traveling at 10 MPH on that bridge in the cart lanes?) Who would enforce operation (and speeds) on the multimodal paths - The Villages Community Watch people (or whatever they're called)? I've never seen such an event (fact). But I might be wrong (fact)...
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, mule, kawasaki, cart, i’m

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.