distance in miles

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2011, 07:12 AM
Sage
Default distance in miles

With regard to traveling in a battery operated golf cart compared to an automobile, how far in miles would the Village of Calumet Grove be to:

1. Polo Grounds to the south
2. Lake Sumter Landing Market Square
3. Spanish Springs Square

My husband and I have both tried mapquest but they don't seem to take the address of the home we will be renting. I've typed it in every which way.
I've also tried typing in the village alone. We do have the big foldout map which I purchased at the mercantile store. The legend is questionable as to true "time" and distance in miles to get from point a to point b.

The home owner thought 15 minutes in a car to both town squares?
Not sure of that. So, 30 minutes in a golf cart? one way......

Also, I fully realize this is the WRONG PLACE to ask...but any suggestions for a casual (not suit and tie) Thanksgiving dinner place for November at which time our son, his wife and infant will be joining us for the holiday. Thanks to all in advance, who can help with suggestions. Appreciate your help.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:50 AM
Sage

I do not use mapquest so much, maybe it is the same as googlemaps. Googlemaps lets me drag the starting point and destination around map.

Here is a link that should have "somewhere in calument" to spanish springs.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Un...=15&via=1&z=14

One neat feature is the ability to drag the route around. See the white dot on el camino real? That is there because the original route was out on 441/27 and I dragged it to use elcamino real.

right click to remove...

hope that helps, play around with it. IMO a pretty powerful map for free.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Veteran member

I've used this site to calculate some distances.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 06-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
I do not use mapquest so much, maybe it is the same as googlemaps. Googlemaps lets me drag the starting point and destination around map.

Here is a link that should have "somewhere in calument" to spanish springs.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Un...=15&via=1&z=14

One neat feature is the ability to drag the route around. See the white dot on el camino real? That is there because the original route was out on 441/27 and I dragged it to use elcamino real.

right click to remove...

hope that helps, play around with it. IMO a pretty powerful map for free.
Excellent..........thank you very much. Using your link and the actual address it came out that Calumet Grove is in the town of Bellevue, Florida? Does the state or county go by the "Villages" names or by the original town's name?
This was very helpful and I do appreciate it.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aln View Post
I've used this site to calculate some distances.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/
Thanks to you also. Obviously good for cyclists and runners.
Our son in Colorado would find this useful, especially for the elevation changes.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Sage

With Google Maps you can also right click on a location and select "Directions from here" and right click on another location and select "Directions to here" and it will fill in the route and give the mileage and time.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 06-30-2011, 10:59 AM
Eternal Member

It is about a 10 minute run to the Polo Grounds and about a 25-30 minute ride to either square.

It is about two miles to the Polo Grounds and a 5 mile drive to the squares.

I live in SPringdale which is just down the road from Calamut Grove.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Excellent..........thank you very much. Using your link and the actual address it came out that Calumet Grove is in the town of Bellevue, Florida? Does the state or county go by the "Villages" names or by the original town's name?
This was very helpful and I do appreciate it.

enter "The Villages, FL"

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 06-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
With Google Maps you can also right click on a location and select "Directions from here" and right click on another location and select "Directions to here" and it will fill in the route and give the mileage and time.

Thank you all..........finally got it. We do use all the various maps, but this time it would not take the particular street in the Villages nor the name of the village itself......I did type in The Villages, Florida as well. But, finally did get it to work and the village ended up being in another town. Go figure.
Probably, what the area was originally called once upon a time. We map things all the time but this morning, neither my computer nor my hubby's computer would find that particular street..........no matter how it was typed in. Again, appreciate all the ideas...........
Old 06-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
It is about a 10 minute run to the Polo Grounds and about a 25-30 minute ride to either square.

It is about two miles to the Polo Grounds and a 5 mile drive to the squares.

I live in SPringdale which is just down the road from Calamut Grove.

Sounds about right. It's what the owner said as well........THANK YOU.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:57 AM

A suggestion when using mapquest or google maps
put in

the villages, Fl, the address. We seem to get more address when we search that way.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kofficer View Post
A suggestion when using mapquest or google maps
put in

the villages, Fl, the address. We seem to get more address when we search that way.
Will do. Thanks.....
Old 06-30-2011, 04:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
With regard to traveling in a battery operated golf cart compared to an automobile, how far in miles would the Village of Calumet Grove be to:

1. Polo Grounds to the south
2. Lake Sumter Landing Market Square
3. Spanish Springs Square

My husband and I have both tried mapquest but they don't seem to take the address of the home we will be renting. I've typed it in every which way.
I've also tried typing in the village alone. We do have the big foldout map which I purchased at the mercantile store. The legend is questionable as to true "time" and distance in miles to get from point a to point b.

The home owner thought 15 minutes in a car to both town squares?
Not sure of that. So, 30 minutes in a golf cart? one way......

Also, I fully realize this is the WRONG PLACE to ask...but any suggestions for a casual (not suit and tie) Thanksgiving dinner place for November at which time our son, his wife and infant will be joining us for the holiday. Thanks to all in advance, who can help with suggestions. Appreciate your help.
Try Vic's Embers Supper Club in Leesburg.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Default God No

Call Palmer Country Club (see phone book), I don't have number. We've eaten there last four years. Great meals and service. Well worth the price.

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 06-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Thank you all..........finally got it. We do use all the various maps, but this time it would not take the particular street in the Villages nor the name of the village itself......I did type in The Villages, Florida as well. But, finally did get it to work and the village ended up being in another town. Go figure.
Probably, what the area was originally called once upon a time. We map things all the time but this morning, neither my computer nor my hubby's computer would find that particular street..........no matter how it was typed in. Again, appreciate all the ideas...........
Are you putting in the entire street name? Ie the SE 91st or whatever preceded your street name? If you live in Marion county that is part of the address.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.