lithium battery carts

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2020, 08:02 AM
Default lithium battery carts

is anybody having issues with the new lithium golf carts.thinking about getting one ,
Old 11-16-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pafinkel View Post
is anybody having issues with the new lithium golf carts.thinking about getting one ,
Next door neighbor got a lithium Club Car a little more than a year ago...claims she can only go a maximum of 20 miles on a charge.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:19 AM

Lithium is the best option out there! Just make sure you buy enough battery. My mom has a Ezgo RXV Elite 4.0 which is the largest battery they offer. She has zero issues with range limitations and can go from Orange Blossom on the Historic side drive to Brownwood golf 9 holes, putz around the town square and drive home and still have 1/3 charge. Avoid the Elite 2.0 as they have much smaller batteries and were intended more for shorter distance and fleet carts.
Zero maintenance 10-15+ year battery life, no acid, no gas fumes. It's the way to go.
I have also built a number of Lithium battery packs from scratch and have a bit of experience in the area.

Just do not get less than 100AH capacity if you have range concerns.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:22 AM
Default lithium battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerforever View Post
Next door neighbor got a lithium Club Car a little more than a year ago...claims she can only go a maximum of 20 miles on a charge.
thankyou so much
Old 11-16-2020, 08:23 AM

thank you
Old 11-16-2020, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
Lithium is the best option out there! Just make sure you buy enough battery. My mom has a Ezgo RXV Elite 4.0 which is the largest battery they offer. She has zero issues with range limitations and can go from Orange Blossom on the Historic side drive to Brownwood golf 9 holes, putz around the town square and drive home and still have 1/3 charge. Avoid the Elite 2.0 as they have much smaller batteries and were intended more for shorter distance and fleet carts.
Zero maintenance 10-15+ year battery life, no acid, no gas fumes. It's the way to go.
I have also built a number of Lithium battery packs from scratch and have a bit of experience in the area.

Just do not get less than 100AH capacity if you have range concerns.
Same here, very quiet, good acceleration, easily get 50 miles on a charge.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:55 AM

The EZ-GO ELiTE RXV lithium can be purchased with two or three different battery sizes. I was told The Villages Golf Cars only sells the largest size (4.0, I think is the designation). We've had one of those since May and are very happy so far. Super quiet, very low vibration, and no odor. Plenty quick and I don't worry at all about range - I couldn't sit in a golf cart long enough in one day to run the battery out on ours. Charger mounted on the wall right next to our parking spot so a quick plug-in gets it charged with no battery maintenance or trips for fuel. Of course, all those advantages do come with a higher price tag and we all evaluate value vs. cost differently. Check 'em out yourself.

Last edited by Homer49; 11-16-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:34 AM

We've had our 2021 RXV Elite about 5 weeks. Love it! I drive it about 100 miles per week and put it on the charger twice a week. Really like the idea of never having to changing oil, belts etc ($90+) per year. Battery packs are under full warranty for 8 years, Samsung thinks they should last 12. ZERO maintenance.
Old 11-17-2020, 05:54 AM

We also luv our Lithium RVX Elite! What’s not to luv - 8 year battery warranty, no watering the battery, 50+ mile range, easy 110v charging, fast charge 1 min = 2 min of driving, full charge in about 3-4 hours, no smell, very quiet, no stops at the gas station, just plug in and then go!
Old 11-17-2020, 06:00 AM

I have a club car lithium ion and love it, I am basically lazy and did not want hassles. The dealer in the villages said you want gas. I told him I do not like the vibration, noise, Leaks in garage and hassle of going to the gas station. He told me they do not leak any fluids but as we talked he told me they gave you a free mat to park on. Why would you need that if they do not leak. I drive the cart 10 to 20 miles every day and get home plug it in after each ride Lithium ion batteries have no memory and also a bms (battery management system) which protects the battery from over charging and other things so they last. It does not matter if you just ran to the post office or out sight seeing. You plug it in when you get home and forget about it. Personally I think it is the best option.
Old 11-17-2020, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Same here, very quiet, good acceleration, easily get 50 miles on a charge.
Ditto, 2019 EZGO Elite 4.0 RXV easily get's 50
Rated for 2500 charges.
I've already got over 6k miles on it.
Climbs hills like a mule.
I would definitely buy this model again.
Old 11-17-2020, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcspaul View Post
I have a club car lithium ion and love it, I am basically lazy and did not want hassles. The dealer in the villages said you want gas. I told him I do not like the vibration, noise, Leaks in garage and hassle of going to the gas station. He told me they do not leak any fluids but as we talked he told me they gave you a free mat to park on. Why would you need that if they do not leak. I drive the cart 10 to 20 miles every day and get home plug it in after each ride Lithium ion batteries have no memory and also a bms (battery management system) which protects the battery from over charging and other things so they last. It does not matter if you just ran to the post office or out sight seeing. You plug it in when you get home and forget about it. Personally I think it is the best option.
Fyi - To maximize battery life, some Lithium battery manufacturerswaiting until the level drops below 20-30% before recharging. Suspect the battery and charger have the intelligence to help manage this.

Proper Care Extends Li-Ion Battery Life | Power Electronics

" Use partial-discharge cycles
Using only 20% or 30% of the battery capacity before recharging will extend cycle life considerably. As a general rule, 5 to 10 shallow discharge cycles are equal to one full discharge cycle. Although partial-discharge cycles can number in the thousands, keeping the battery in a fully charged state also shortens battery life. Full discharge cycles (down to 2.5 V or 3 V, depending on chemistry) should be avoided if possible."
Old 11-17-2020, 08:15 AM
Default Electric cart

I can travel 100 miles on one charge with my Atomic. It has Li-ion batteries but the also offer gel batteries.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:16 AM
Default Lithium

I replaced the four 12v batteries on my Ez-Go with two 48v batteries. The batteries came with a 7 year unconditional guarantee which suited me because I had neglected to keep up with distilled water on my last set of lead acid batteries. I am happy with the two, if I need more range I can add a third or fourth battery.
I did the replacement myself - I had to add a 48v to 12v convertor for the lights ($19 on Amazon)
The package included a 'smart' charger and plastic spacer batteries to keep everything in place. relionbattery dot com No, I am not on commission.
Old 11-17-2020, 09:50 AM

I go all day long on my lithium battery, sometimes 2 days. I do a lot of driving and my golf cart is my only means of transportation.
Closed Thread

Tags
lithium, battery, carts, issues, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.