lithium battery carts

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 11-17-2020, 12:37 PM
Judychrismac Judychrismac is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

What brand do you own? I would like to make sure it has the longest range possible.
  #17  
Old 11-17-2020, 12:44 PM
jdrahaim jdrahaim is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I got a new EVolution cart from Luxus in Leesburg (formerly Par Car) two months ago. It is 130 AH 48 v system. Plenty of speed, very quiet and under $10K. check them out.
  #18  
Old 11-17-2020, 07:40 PM
renrod's Avatar
renrod renrod is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 410
Thanks: 2
Thanked 36 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood8300 View Post
I can travel 100 miles on one charge with my Atomic. It has Li-ion batteries but the also offer gel batteries.
You should set up a date and invite anyone who wants to watch. Then take off and prove what you say.
  #19  
Old 11-18-2020, 08:15 AM
Aviator1211 Aviator1211 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 7
Thanks: 36
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I am extremely satisfied with the ReLIon Lithium batteries I just bought for my cart. Easy to install, excellent performance, Zero maintenance for the life of the batteries (up to 24,000 miles ... probably longer than the life of the cart), up to 50 mile range without any degradation with age, range is can be increased at any time by adding another battery, 400 pounds less weight on the cart, reduced weight and higher peak current provides fantastic acceleration (I now zip across busy intersections), Bluetooth charge indicator so I can track my batteries on my cell phone, small lightweight charger, far superior to gas (no oil changes, no trips to gas station or storing fuel in my garage, no stink, no air pollution, much less noise pollution, much smoother operation, regenerative braking, less weight). Why would anyone want to drive 1950s lawn mower technology when they can have 2020 Tesla technology? Contact Brad bgreen@relionbattery.com and tell him Gary sent you.
  #20  
Old 11-19-2020, 09:39 AM
jpvillager jpvillager is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 163
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Not mentioned here but for snow birds I would think lithium ion would be best because they hold their charge better in storage. Just a guess.
  #21  
Old 11-26-2020, 08:42 AM
Footer Footer is offline
Member
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 43
Thanks: 3
Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts
Default

I retrofit my 2011 EZGO RXV with S51105 Roypow lithium battery. Weighs 95 pounds. STM of Ocala did it for $2568. Only had it back for a week but it looks like range is 65 miles. I just had an odometer installed so will be able to report more accurate range in a few weeks.

I owned the Evolution with a 130AH battery but only got 40-45 miles range so I returned it. Interesting that I get 50% more range with an old EZGO with a 105AH battery.
  #22  
Old 12-09-2020, 07:14 AM
MorTech MorTech is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Build yourself a 16s CALB CA400 LiFePO4 pack and easily go to Tampa and back on a single charge

Hard to believe you only got 45 miles with the 130ah lithium. Reckon It should be good for at least 60 miles.

Last edited by MorTech; 12-09-2020 at 07:23 AM.
  #23  
Old 12-09-2020, 07:24 AM
MorTech MorTech is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Looks like ReLIon costs $4K for 120ah.
  #24  
Old 12-10-2020, 03:10 AM
MorTech MorTech is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts
Default

For snowbirds, a lithium battery should be stored ideally at 30% state of charge if you are gone for more than one month...At least run it down to half. Lead acid batteries need to be charged full at all times or lead sulfate crystals will form on the plates permanently reducing battery capacity. For lead acid batteries, get a smart charger like the Lester Summit 2 ($350 with cordset on amazon) that has a storage mode program that will top off your batteries automatically every 10 days. The Lester can be programmed/monitored with bluetooth smartphone/ipad ChargerConnect App.

A lithium battery does not like to sit at fully charged...where as a lead acid battery does.

Last edited by MorTech; 12-10-2020 at 03:16 AM.
  #25  
Old 02-09-2021, 12:53 PM
victorfl1 victorfl1 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footer View Post
I retrofit my 2011 EZGO RXV with S51105 Roypow lithium battery. Weighs 95 pounds. STM of Ocala did it for $2568. Only had it back for a week but it looks like range is 65 miles. I just had an odometer installed so will be able to report more accurate range in a few weeks.

I owned the Evolution with a 130AH battery but only got 40-45 miles range so I returned it. Interesting that I get 50% more range with an old EZGO with a 105AH battery.
So...how are the new lithium battery you installed. I spoke with Sam at STM...best price around. i appreciate you sharing but would like to know if you are still pleased and met your expectation. Thanks
  #26  
Old 02-10-2021, 11:26 AM
Aviator1211 Aviator1211 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 7
Thanks: 36
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuholden View Post
I replaced the four 12v batteries on my Ez-Go with two 48v batteries. The batteries came with a 7 year unconditional guarantee which suited me because I had neglected to keep up with distilled water on my last set of lead acid batteries. I am happy with the two, if I need more range I can add a third or fourth battery.
I did the replacement myself - I had to add a 48v to 12v convertor for the lights ($19 on Amazon)
The package included a 'smart' charger and plastic spacer batteries to keep everything in place. relionbattery dot com No, I am not on commission.
I also purchased ReLion batteries and am thrilled. Reduced the weight of the cart by 400 pounds. Drives likes a sports-car now. Zero maintenance, no stink, much less noise, much less cost per mile (1 cent versus 10 cents with gas), range with three batteries is 40 to 50 miles and I can add a battery at any time if I want to extend that (to well over 100 miles), expected battery lifetime is 24,000 miles (probably longer than my expected lifetime).

I'm told before the Villages expanded beyond 466A, all golf carts were electric. I suspect now that battery technology has caught up with the growth of the Villages, electric will become the standard again. Why would anyone want 1950s lawn mower technology when they can have 21st century lithium power? I would recommend anyone with a gas cart upgrade to lithium now while there is still some resale value in the gas cart.
  #27  
Old 02-10-2021, 11:28 AM
Aviator1211 Aviator1211 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 7
Thanks: 36
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorTech View Post
Looks like ReLIon costs $4K for 120ah.
Yes, though remember that Lithums can be discharged to zero. Lead Acid should only be discharged to 50%. So a 120AH Lithium is roughly equivalent to a 240AH Lead Acid.
  #28  
Old 02-10-2021, 09:11 PM
Footer Footer is offline
Member
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 43
Thanks: 3
Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorfl1 View Post
So...how are the new lithium battery you installed. I spoke with Sam at STM...best price around. i appreciate you sharing but would like to know if you are still pleased and met your expectation. Thanks
Still pleased. Looks like I am getting closer to 62 miles now but since I finished my review I charge more frequently. I'll probably try charging less frequently and see if it goes back up.
  #29  
Old 02-11-2021, 03:12 PM
brunogal brunogal is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 22
Thanks: 19
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Default STM Won't Replace w/Lithium on my Tomberlin

Need to replace batteries on my 2009 Tomberlin and researching lithium. Anyone know why STM in Ocala won't replace for my Tomberlin? Is lithium even an option for me? I see the new Tomberlins come w/lithium batteries. We were going to shop for the new quieter Yamaha but to be honest, I still love my Tomberlin and will def miss electric.
  #30  
Old 02-18-2021, 11:22 AM
Tyrone Shoelaces Tyrone Shoelaces is offline
Member
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 33
Thanks: 46
Thanked 16 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator1211 View Post
I also purchased ReLion batteries and am thrilled. Reduced the weight of the cart by 400 pounds. Drives likes a sports-car now. Zero maintenance, no stink, much less noise, much less cost per mile (1 cent versus 10 cents with gas), range with three batteries is 40 to 50 miles and I can add a battery at any time if I want to extend that (to well over 100 miles), expected battery lifetime is 24,000 miles (probably longer than my expected lifetime).

I'm told before the Villages expanded beyond 466A, all golf carts were electric. I suspect now that battery technology has caught up with the growth of the Villages, electric will become the standard again. Why would anyone want 1950s lawn mower technology when they can have 21st century lithium power? I would recommend anyone with a gas cart upgrade to lithium now while there is still some resale value in the gas cart.
Did you buy direct from Relion?
Do they sell the charger?
Thanks
Reply

Tags
lithium, battery, carts, issues, golf

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.