Looking for solder and heat gun to rent or borrow for a small wiring job on my cart

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 02-02-2020, 01:47 PM
Default Looking for solder and heat gun to rent or borrow for a small wiring job on my cart

Hello, does anyone know where I could rent a solder and heat gun to complete a small wiring job on my golf cart? I might need a 12V test light as well. I’m a renter here and have all these items back home but not here. Appreciate any help or directions some of you might have. I heard some of the Auto Parts store might have these but not sure which ones do have these simple items. Not worth buying for one job. THANKS.
Old 02-02-2020, 02:28 PM
Sage

GoBeau, I have all of the items you need, send me a PM and we can get together. NO charge! I also have crimp splices.

Last edited by villagetinker; 02-02-2020 at 02:35 PM. Reason: forgot last sentence
Old 02-03-2020, 08:33 AM

A soldering iron is cheap. I assume the heat gun is for heatshrink; just use a match or a throwaway lighter. The only thing you mention that might cost a few bucks would be a multimeter and Radio Shack might have a cheap one.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:31 AM

Thanks Pacjag, I know these items are not worth allot of money but why duplicate what I already have back home. I was looking for a 12 Volt test light not a Voltmeter, that I have with me already. I can use the voltmeter to check the wiring but a 12V test light works best when working on turn signals and brake light wiring. Villagetinker was very kind in his response and that is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks anyways for your sugggestions.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:04 AM

"12 Volt test light"

I have one to lend, send me a PM.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:42 PM
Veteran member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacjag View Post
A soldering iron is cheap. I assume the heat gun is for heatshrink; just use a match or a throwaway lighter. The only thing you mention that might cost a few bucks would be a multimeter and Radio Shack might have a cheap one.
Where is radio shack?
Old 02-04-2020, 07:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,336 Times in 563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
Where is radio shack?
Radio Shack is making a comeback. There is a store in Inverness, and you can still order things online.
Old 02-21-2020, 06:45 PM
Sage
Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
Where is radio shack?
What? Did they’re data collected when you brought something crash?
Old 02-21-2020, 10:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,052 Times in 551 Posts

Just be certain to shut off the ignition before you start wiring or else you may end up buying a control box which they charge an Arm & a Hoof for. It's a very sensitive item. It wasn't me this time it was a neighbor. I think it cost him $130?? It was a foolish mistake. Key out of the ignition. Good Luck!

Tags
job, cart, items, wiring, small

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.