Loud yamaha gas cart

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2018, 07:02 AM
Default Loud yamaha gas cart

I purchased a 2014 Yamaha gas with curtis cab several months ago. It is annoying loud, much louder than my 2003 Yamaha gas. I plan to take it to TV golf carts where it was initially purchased. I recently was a passenger in a similar cart and it was much quieter. Anyone else has had this problem?
Old 02-15-2018, 08:45 AM

I've found that custom seats leave a gap between the body and seat which allows engine noise to come through. I use foam tape available at Ace and walmart that is a peel and stick to fill that area. Glue side down to body and seat bottom rests on the top of the foam. Helps somewhat. I also run a tailpipe out the rear of the cart made from conduit from Lowes or Home Depot. Both of these together made quite a difference in both our 2015 Yamahas.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

My cart has a rubber hose connecting the engine exhaust to the tail pipe. One day while getting gas, I noticed that the hose had slipped off the pipe. I re-made the connection and noticed a difference in noise level.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:03 AM
Sage

I think it makes a difference to use a fuel additive.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:32 AM

I have a 2013 that came with a tailpipe extension from TV. Conduit connected to the muffler with blue high temperature heater hose using hose clamps. This compensates for the difference in size of the two pipes being joined together. Eventually the heater hose burns through and has to be replaced. The pipe from the muffler has a much smaller outside diameter than the inside diameter of the conduit. Because of this you cannot join them directly. Has anyone found a better way to do this?
Old 02-15-2018, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I think it makes a difference to use a fuel additive.
Like to hear the science
backing up your theory.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:35 AM

There are 2 sizes of conduit. I use a short section of the smaller diameter ( 6 inches) which 5/8 heater hose will slip over. I run the short section inside the larger diameter and run it out the rear. It causes less restriction in my mind than running the smaller diameter all the way to the back. Like I said, it's probably just in my mind that there is less restriction.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:53 AM
Gold member
Default So many of these posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Like to hear the science
backing up your theory.
RE: fuel additive.
What fuel additive-HUH?

We do use the blue STABIL in our 2014 Yamaha EFI and all is fine. For those who do not know, the blue mix is designed t work with our current alcohol mixed fuels.
A bottle is like $18,00 and using the proper quantity we've use aprox half the bottle in four years.

RE:noise
If, for example there is an oil leak. You get some truly exciting noises as the engine tears itself apart.

Any enine noise CHANGE should be promply checked out for the reason.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaz1 View Post
I purchased a 2014 Yamaha gas with curtis cab several months ago. It is annoying loud, much louder than my 2003 Yamaha gas. I plan to take it to TV golf carts where it was initially purchased. I recently was a passenger in a similar cart and it was much quieter. Anyone else has had this problem?
Does your 2014 Cart have a carburated or fuel injected engine?
Big difference in noise, the 2014 EFI engine is much quieter than the carburated.
Our 2014 carburated engine was annoyingly loud and is now much less noisy after we did the following:
- insulated the complete engine compartment and underside of seat.
- had the exhaust pipe professionally extended to the rear of the cart.
Jiffy Exhaust did all this work for about $350. They pickedup our cart and delivered it the next day. We are now as quiet as the new "Quiet-Tech" carts.
I strongly recommend you contact Jiffy Exhaust to solve your problem. Phone # 352-748-5407.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:46 PM

Thanks to your advice. My cart has EFI. I plan to contact Jiffy Exhaust. Did they do the insulation of the engine compartment as well?
Old 02-15-2018, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
My cart has a rubber hose connecting the engine exhaust to the tail pipe. One day while getting gas, I noticed that the hose had slipped off the pipe. I re-made the connection and noticed a difference in noise level.

The extension does nothing to quiet the cart down.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:51 PM

As to the original OP, Having a cab on holds the noise in big time. We hear the complaint all the time.

90 decibels is what a Yamaha cart is with the sides up going down the street.

I haven't seen anything work to quiet the cars down.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaz1 View Post
Thanks to your advice. My cart has EFI. I plan to contact Jiffy Exhaust. Did they do the insulation of the engine compartment as well?
Yes, they insulated the engine compartment and also installed dual exhaust pipes to the rear.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGC View Post
The extension does nothing to quiet the cart down.
Correct. But it does pipe the sound of the engine to the back. When you are moving you have less sound reaching your ears.
Closed Thread

Tags
yamaha, gas, purchased, loud, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.