LSV ON Golf Course

Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2009, 05:59 AM
Veteran member

If they have "street" tires (sharp edges) and not "turf" tires (rounded edges) they should not be on the courses. And as mentioned they are too heavy for soft sod. Keep em in the streets where they are intended to run as an economical "green" vehicle.

Hmm, wonder if I can golf with a smart car??
Old 12-13-2009, 07:22 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryfield View Post
What a load of humbug !!! Lsvs are no wider than normal golf carts and all have a golf course speed setting.To me it all sounds like the green eyed monster is around !!!
I guess you mean that because some people think that LSVs should not be on the golf course, they are jealous. Speaking only for myself, I am not in the slightest bit envious. Just because somebody speaks out about something doesn't automatically make them jealous.

I think people buy them because they want something they feel is bigger and better than a golf cart. They in fact say, "don't want a golf cart any longer, I want a low speed vehicle." I believe they have moved themselves away from golf cart status and give up their right to join in with golf cart activities. you can't have it both ways. You want a vehicle to drive on the street in traffic, therefore it's no longer a golf cart, it a low speed car.

Actually, I think they can be a danger to the motoring public on the roads too,
Old 12-13-2009, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
As an aside, and with a nod to Professor Tony, when I saw the acronym LSV, my first thought was LifeStyle Visitor, not Low Speed Vehicle.

As Roseanna Roseanna Danna would say.... never mind.
Thank you, 07.

You now have full status in the Working Group Against Acronyms.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Veteran member

TH, we bought an LSV for one reason only.....the tax credit
Old 12-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
You want a vehicle to drive on the street in traffic, therefore it's no longer a golf cart, it a low speed car.
Actually now that people have stated what they mean I'll go back to the original post I made.

Just READ the golf rules. It's that simple. Whether you think that they belong on the course is just your opinion. If they abide by the rules that the Country clubs have set forth then why are you questioning it? They are obviously not an issue or they would have banned them in writing instead of inviting them in writing.

Kind of weird how people argue over issues that have already been decided and no concern has been raised by the only people that matter - the golf course superintendents.

NON ISSUE!
Old 12-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
........Kind of weird how people argue over issues that have already been decided and no concern has been raised by the only people that matter..................

NON ISSUE!
That happens a lot on this site.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Sage

I guess I'm just venting.

There is always room for discussion since that's what this site is for. I see no problem with LSVs (or Lifestyle visitors for that matter ) on the golf course as long as they abide by regulations.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Default Lsv

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
They are to wide for the cart paths and to heavy for the fairways.......

They should not be allowed on the courses............

fumar
We have never golfed, probably never will, and will use a cart on rare occasion (the bikes and trikes that we use most of the time go as fast )but had to get one for our second renter. We got the littlest GEM(e2) and it's the same size as the EZgo that came with our cottage home.

The dealer knew the rules - he put a new set of wider wheels and rounded tires, even gave us the originals back.

They delivered it yesterday and except for being noisier than our hybrid cars, it's kinda fun, and we've never been in a cart before.We just hope we don't get too spoiled and give up the bikes.

It would be nice to get 'er tweaked to 30 one day in case we want to not hold up traffic on the 35 roads .
We also felt safer on TV roads than the paths - is this ur imagination?
Is there a 'group' or 'meeting' for LSV or carts so we can get info on protocol and operation

We would even be willing to go out with anyone experienced and knowledgeable on cart rules and operation for a primer .
L&L
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.