» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 10:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickg View Post
The specs from Yamaha are: 2017=8.9 HP. The earlier model is 11.4 HP. The acceleration is noticeably slower, but it has no problem maintaining speed at 20/22 mph. (Please, lets not start a debate on 22 mph)
That is significant. Any specs published like the car manufacturers 0 - 60 mph - in this case 0 - 20 mph. With that kind of HP lose one would think it's more than noticeable. It has to be an absolute dog unless something else has compensated for that kind of power reduction i.e. 22%. An aside 11.4 to 8.9 is a 2.5 HP difference not 5.

Old 03-20-2017, 03:36 PM

Traded my '13 Villages store EFI for the '17 C & C Quiet Tech. Maybe a little slower from a dead stop. I'm not sure because I'm so busy enjoying the quiet and lack of stink that I'm actually considering replacing the electric RXV we used to fight over to see who got to take to the course instead of the noisy stinker '13 gas.
Sponsored Links
Opinion
Old 03-20-2017, 04:11 PM

Default Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
That is significant. Any specs published like the car manufacturers 0 - 60 mph - in this case 0 - 20 mph. With that kind of HP lose one would think it's more than noticeable. It has to be an absolute dog unless something else has compensated for that kind of power reduction i.e. 22%. An aside 11.4 to 8.9 is a 2.5 HP difference not 5.
You need to go drive one and make your own opinion. How quick do you need to get to 20? Carts and clubs still limits the cart to 24 MPH. Yes it does take a little longer to get there. (BTW, I'm retired so the .05 sec longer to get to 20 MPH isn't going to affect me)
Old 03-20-2017, 05:24 PM
Sage

The 2017 Yamaha does not have the fast jerky initial movement of earlier models.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-20-2017, 06:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickg View Post
You need to go drive one and make your own opinion. How quick do you need to get to 20? Carts and clubs still limits the cart to 24 MPH. Yes it does take a little longer to get there. (BTW, I'm retired so the .05 sec longer to get to 20 MPH isn't going to affect me)
I went from electric to gas due to the size of The Villages. Batteries are great year 1 but each year you loose a little more range. That got old as The Villages grew. Two things I noticed most was the lack of acceleration with gas as compared to electric. Second is the jerky motion of a gas clutch. The noise I did not find objectionable but then again I'm not the guy behind me.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:37 PM
Gold member

Replace your clutch or try a different drive belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
The 2017 Yamaha does not have the fast jerky initial movement of earlier models.

Closed Thread

Tags
quieter, carts, golf, making, work