Masters Golf Cart Rental

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Thumbs down Masters Golf Cart Rental

Had some renters rent a gas cart from Masters. It broke down in LSL. After they got home and called to have it picked up and another cart delivered to them, the second cart was an electric cart (not what they wanted). On top of that, it was a two-seater converted into a four-seater. Then there was the kicker -- the "new" cart did not have any rearview mirrors or turn signals and, thus, was not TV legal.

When the renters called about this, they were told nothing else was available. They asked that the cart be picked up and their money refunded. No problem except that they had to pay for a week's rental even though one cart broke down and the other one was unuseable.

This is not the way I believe a customer should be treated even if every conversation was polite. Renting a cart that is technically not even legal to be driven in a community and no offer being made to fix it so that it is just doesn't seem right and then charging for the use of a cart that was used only once just doesn't seem right to me.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-22-2009, 09:50 AM

First hand experience at Master's Golf Carts has taught me NOT to deal with them anymore. They are far short on service and far long on meaningless promises. This is a company to stay far away from.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Then there was the kicker -- the "new" cart did not have any rearview mirrors or turn signals and, thus, was not TV legal.
Where is this spelled out ? ?
Old 03-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Platinum member

In reading the following link: http://law.onecle.com/florida/motor-...s/316.212.html I would interpret paragraphs 4 & 5 as only needing a rear view mirror unless you operate it after dark, then you need the lights.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Default Purchased rebuilt Golf cart from Masters.

Purchased rebuilt golf cart from Masters golf cart in September of 2007. my first problem with golf cart was one of the front tires kept thumping and I called Masters to have it checked out and they arrived at my home and took it out for test and said the tires were just fine. No answer why the thumping so I got disgusted with that and went a bought all new tires which illiminated that problem.
My next incident was that the steering rod that runs between the front two wheels broke and we lost our steering near the polo field. Thank god we were not on morse.
The next think that happened was that the batterys didn't seem to give me many miles, so I called them again and they came and got the cart and took it to their shop. I rec'd it back the next day and they said they had to replace two of the center batterys. It seems they were a bad set of batterys. It still didn't seem to give me many miles so I called them again. They came and got the cart and they had to replace all six batterys. The delivery man returned the cart with a bill for around fifty dollars for delivery for the golf cart. Batterys were still under warranty.
This flustraded me and that is the last time I will ever use them for service and will hope that all who reads this will think about not purchasing anything from them.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Veteran member

You get what you pay for................Bought from Golf Cart Connection 6 years ago, replaced batteries after 4.5 years (excellent life span for batteries) and never had problems with cart other than normal wear and tear items (brakes, etc.). Not affiliated with them but as I said you get what you pay for. Try a reputable dealer that will back their products and not look for the cheap way out.........
Old 03-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Chuckster, I don't think people bought nor rented from Masters because they were cheap -- I know of several places/people that are cheaper but because they THOUGHT they were getting a good product at a good price (definitely not the cheapest) from a good dealer or because they advertised on the internet and sounded good for renters coming down and wanted to have things in place when they got here.

BTW -- From what I've seen and heard about Golf Cart Connection, I agree they do seem to be a very good company that stands behind their products.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-13-2009, 05:04 PM

Thanks Redwitch, I couldn't agree with you more. No where does anyone mention price paid for carts or rentals?
Chuckster "You get what you pay for" "not look for the cheap way out" Thank you for your boorish advice. I'm sure it will help others looking to buy or rent a golf cart.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Veteran member
Thumbs up We had a good experience from them

I guess not everyone's experience is the same. We bought a 08 Club Car Precedent from Masters and thought they treated us very good. Cart was good with minimal problems and those I had they fixed without issues (including new tires) . I can't complain - we saved a lot and would buy from them again!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.