mule

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Default mule

it still isnt clear to me. im coming down for a couple months. i want to bring my mule which is not street legal. however it does go 25 mph. i dont want to take it on the golf course. so is it ok to drive on the cart paths so long as i stay under 20mph? i feel like im going to need a philadelphia lawyer to come with me down there. im renting for 2 months to see if i want to live there full time. im looking at tv and also peachtree city. any one have opinions on peachtree? thanks for the advice on the cart path driving!
Old 10-10-2009, 03:46 PM

I have friends who are trying to sell their beautiful house near Peachtree so they can come to the Villages. Let me know if you would like a contact number
Old 10-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Gold member

You will be driving an unrgistered motor vehicle the minute your Mule leaves the TV owned cart paths and goes onto any of the many county owned and operated streets within TV. And that is true whether you drive it 2 miles per hour or 20. Your Mule will stand out like a sore thumb to local officials if spotted on the street without a license plate, so I wouldn't do it if I were you.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member

If you bring a mule you better have some big poop bags....GN
Old 10-12-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike barkley View Post
it still isnt clear to me. im coming down for a couple months. i want to bring my mule which is not street legal. however it does go 25 mph. i dont want to take it on the golf course. so is it ok to drive on the cart paths so long as i stay under 20mph? i feel like im going to need a philadelphia lawyer to come with me down there. im renting for 2 months to see if i want to live there full time. im looking at tv and also peachtree city. any one have opinions on peachtree? thanks for the advice on the cart path driving!
I would not think it would be a problem if you go where the golf carts go. They are not registered either. Many of the golf carts go 25+ mph, and don't seem to have a problem. You can see them passing people all the time on the main roads. There are plenty of UTVs driven around by landscapers and Villages workers, so you would not be that unusual. I have a UTV myself back in NC that I would bring down if I did not have a golf cart here.
I am from Atlanta and am familiar with Peachtree City, south of Atlanta. Is that the one you are referring to? I know it is a golf cart community, but it allows children to live there and they have had a lot of trouble with teens on golf carts causing wrecks, drinking and driving, etc.

Last edited by royr; 10-12-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

if it goes over 19mph, you're supposed to license and insure it, but otherwise it's all fine.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:48 PM

I live in Hadly and have seen a Mule on the paths quite often! Bring it down and stay under 20 mph.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.