Need half doors, which direction should I go?

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2017, 09:27 AM
Veteran member
Default Need half doors, which direction should I go?

We moved to the Villages six months ago and have really gotten into driving our golf cart everywhere, to the point we are tussling over who gets to take the cart today, so it's time for a second cart.

Our present cart is a 2016 electric EZ-go. We find we have no problem golfing at Nancy Lopez and dancing at Brownwood on the same charge. We love how quiet the cart is, we can talk while driving. This model also has quite the torque, as we can get up to speed quickly. It doesn't slow on up hills.

We found we don't like putting the sides down, so on colder days we use a blanket for our legs. I'm thinking if we get the half doors, like we see on the Yesteryear carts, it would solve the blanket blowing away problems. And maybe be warm enough on our feet to not even need the blanket.

So, chatting with the Villages Golf Cart salesman, he tells us we could get electric, but with the heavier Yesteryear bodys, he wouldn't recommend it.

The question is: Does anyone have a Yesteryear electric cart? Is the range a problem?

Alternately, we test drove the 2017 Yamaha gas cart. It was quiet enough, but didn't have the acceleration our EZ-go has. This particular cart maxed out at 21mph, and the salesman said that was what the governor was set for. If the governor is reset to 23 does that increase the acceleration? Or just allow it to go faster?

Also, in the past, when we rented gas carts they would give our garage a gas smell. Do the new gas carts have that problem?
Old 02-27-2017, 10:58 AM
Sage

We have a gas cart and no gas smell in our garage with 8 years of driving it. It has plenty pep to go up hills and is set at 21. Not as quiet as an electric but we like it.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, gas, problem, electric, blanket

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.