New Cart enclosure?

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2020, 11:54 AM
Default New Cart enclosure?

I'm looking to get a new black enclosure for a cart I'm building.

I've used Red Dot and TampaG, pro-tour track style
recently and they are alright enclosures but I was hoping for something a little better quality and possibly allow easier entry/exit.

Does anyone have experience with Doorworks Track style enclosure?

Or can you recommend a local shop that builds quality custom enclosures that are competitively priced?

Thanks,
Old 02-01-2020, 01:19 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Sleekline
Old 02-01-2020, 10:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Anyone know a Sunbrella provider?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-18-2020, 03:12 PM

Did you find anything. I'm in the same boat looking to cover our 4 seater.
Old 05-18-2020, 03:44 PM
Sage

I recently had a custom soft enclosure made by Quality Golf Cart Enclosures. They have many choices of fabric and colors and designs and measure and cut the fabric on site. I didn't want a hard enclosure since I wouldn't use it enough and it's too confining for my taste so I don't know if they even do hard enclosures. Talk to Matt, he's the owner if interested. 352-963-3376

Old 05-18-2020, 04:21 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
Sleekline
When we move there and get a cart, we're definitely going with a Sleekline enclosure.

When we rented, I asked as many people as possible who had them if they regretted their choice or had any complaints. Every single one said that is all they would own in the future and none reported having any issues. More than one said they laughed at those pulled off to the side, trying to unbutton and unzip their sunbrella's after it had already started storming. One guy said that most of them were already as wet as they could get, so why stop and mess with the snaps and zippers anyway? lol
Old 05-18-2020, 07:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
When we move there and get a cart, we're definitely going with a Sleekline enclosure.

When we rented, I asked as many people as possible who had them if they regretted their choice or had any complaints. Every single one said that is all they would own in the future and none reported having any issues. More than one said they laughed at those pulled off to the side, trying to unbutton and unzip their sunbrella's after it had already started storming. One guy said that most of them were already as wet as they could get, so why stop and mess with the snaps and zippers anyway? lol
Well that's not exactly how it works. Most of us don't wait for it to rain before buttoning up, we kinda can tell if a storm is coming. In the last year I had to button up for wet weather, maybe 4 times which is why it's not an issue. Having said that, enclosures are personal choices and until you are in one you really won't know what works. I have two friends that had hard enclosures, both did not put them on their new carts when the traded up. Another friend has two cars, one with and one without. The one with only goes out when it's raining, the one without 90% of the time. There is no right or wrong, only what you want. If you make a decision based on what others tell you, and it doesn't work out, I suspect they won't jump in to help you out.

Old 05-19-2020, 08:38 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

I have a Curtis Cab for the parents cart. Good for them, but I want the open air. Easy to roll up. I keep the snaps lubricated. So easy to remove/hook.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:28 AM

Matt at Quality enclosures has done 3 for me and that's where I'll go when I need another.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
Sleekline
Do you have a link to product info on Sleekline?
Old 06-03-2020, 09:38 AM

Does anyone have a recommendation for a soft cart enclosure that is easy to deploy in the rain?
Old 06-03-2020, 05:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandtiempo View Post
Does anyone have a recommendation for a soft cart enclosure that is easy to deploy in the rain?
Most carts come with the Sunbrella enclosure, my Yamaha purchased from TV Golf Car Store at LSL in 2011 has Sunbrella. It's easy to use and roll down and up and zippers work well. This link shows various Sunbrellas, but you can buy from most dealers for about $800 installed.

Sunbrella Golf Cart Enclosures | National Golf Cart Covers

I know one I don't like, my neighbor bought his cart from Villages Discount Golf Cars on 466. Nothing wrong with the refurbished cart, they use many of their own products and the canvas cover is one of them. I don't like the velcro connections around the windshield, they seem to not stay in place. Also the zippers are confusing, many have double zippers, one on the inside and one on the outside. It's handy, because on my Sunbrella, if you're inside you can't zip it up all the way, with the double zipper you could, but single zipper is simpler.

Here's my 2011 Yamaha that I bought new, this is a recent photo, it will be 9 years old in July. If you clean and hose the floor and mats after every round of golf and maybe use some wipe on wax, it will stay looking new for a long time.

The Villages Florida
Old 06-03-2020, 05:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Sleekline Enclosure | Products
Old 06-03-2020, 07:20 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Google sleek line enclosures in the villages. I think the no. Is 352 552-6552
Old 06-04-2020, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post

Also the Sleekline is much more comfortable when it’s cold
Closed Thread

Tags
enclosure, enclosures, track, quality, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.