New golf cart oil change question

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2023, 06:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
Since the topic is also about the Yamaha warranty, I was wondering if The Villages Cars is required to do warranty work on all Yamaha carts, regardless where it was bought, just like a new car dealership has to?
That is an interesting question. I believe they were sold. They tend to tell you if you did not buy your cart from them they might do you a favor and take your money to squeeze you in. That may have changed as they have opened another location. Far as warranty work, it might be wise to call Yamaha and ask. I would also ask about other places to get warranty service. There is always good to support one place but to be aware of alternatives.
Old 01-13-2023, 06:24 AM
Default oil change

Just pull the golf cart up on a ramp tilted towards the drain plug and change the oil..every now and then clean out the screen...simple holds about aquart and a 1/2
Old 01-13-2023, 06:49 AM

take used oil to Advanced Auto store. They take used motor oil no charge
Old 01-13-2023, 09:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Yes, sounds awfully high maintenance fee but I do understand they aren’t going to do it for free, but $50.
Old 01-13-2023, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJBeck View Post
Where do you take the used oil for disposal?
Where ever you buy it. You can give them the used oil .
Old 01-13-2023, 11:46 AM

Ask the Golf Cart Store, service AND your sales rep.
Old 01-13-2023, 08:10 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,730 Times in 738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
$60.00 is probably fair pricing now days. I had Willie's do a service on our Yamaha back in 2019 and the service of oil change and filters and change rear differential was $140.00.
99% of us Villagers are not hands on and pay and support our local businesspeople.
"Most" honestly ? I am NOT trying to be nasty, argumentative, etc. I hate when this site gets into that, but I am surprised most village residents can't do even simple things like a 1 qt oil (and even filter, unscrew, dip finger in oil and "rim" the new filter to seal, done) change, or things like replace a simple light switch, or repair a simple faucet "drip". The best advice we were given (from a colleague who had been retired for 8 years at the time) when we were considering retirement was: if you can't fill a cavity in a tooth, or set a broken ankle, or replace an engine or transmission yourselves, then save money on the thing simple things you can go yourself, mow your lawn and save gym membership fees, change oil and oil filters in the things you can (like lawn mower), replace light fixtures yourself IF there is an existing fixture and it's only a matter of shutting off the electricity, and connecting two wires to the new one, and, he explained, any of those tasks that will keep you healthy, like weeding flower gardens, trimming plants and bushes, or in short, the things you can do.... he chuckled over the coffee we were having, but was actually serious when he said, just remember, save money on what you can do, you'll need it for the things you can't do yourself. Never forgot it, and took the advice to heart. As a female growing up, I watched my dad, a "white collar guy, a local judge", do everything at home; put in new water heaters, rewire the garage, etc. I could never do those tasks, but I also learned how incredibly simple it is to disconnect and take up an old toilet stool, put down a new wax ring to seal, and reconnect ! Had he not included me in the things he taught my brothers, I'd have no idea today how simple it is. As for replacing a gas water heater...lol....no way. Support local tradesman for that one...LOL !
Old 01-13-2023, 08:29 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,566 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
"Most" honestly ? I am NOT trying to be nasty, argumentative, etc. I hate when this site gets into that, but I am surprised most village residents can't do even simple things like a 1 qt oil (and even filter, unscrew, dip finger in oil and "rim" the new filter to seal, done) change, or things like replace a simple light switch, or repair a simple faucet "drip".
Or - “most village residents DON’T want to do simple things.”

Most of us CAN do all of those things you mentioned, some just choose not to.
Old 01-14-2023, 12:10 PM
Default Used oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJBeck View Post
Where do you take the used oil for disposal?
Any auto parts store as well as Walmart will take your used oil.
Closed Thread

Tags
oil, change, warranty, golf, $50

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.