New Golf Cart Purchase Inquiry / Suggestions

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2019, 09:09 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Villages Discount Golf Car, they're on 466 about a 1/2 mile east on Morse in the tan shopping center next to Birdie Golf. My neighbor bought his last year from them and I ride in it all the time, no different than my Villages purchased Yamaha. I think he paid about $9,000 for a one year Yamaha gas cart fully loaded with upgraded seats. They come to your house for service just like Carts & Clubs. They usually have a quarter page ad in the paper, $8995 special.

Village Discount Golf Car

The OP mentioned "new". I was assuming (could be wrong), new.

Keep in mind, this place buys used carts (without knowing how the cart was used or maintained), throw some paint & seats on the old cart. I'm always worried about the mechanics of the cart, less about the shine.
Old 06-22-2019, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
The OP mentioned "new". I was assuming (could be wrong), new.
I know he said new, but he also said he would like to save a few bucks, a new fully loaded cart with upgraded seats from The Villages costs $13,000 plus. While were at it, one year old carts with all the upgrades are available from Grandpa & Grandma Villages Buggies. I checked them out orginally and they get their carts from a course in Virginia when they are one year old, they replace their carts every year and this place buys the carts. He does a real good job, but I don't think he is as cheap as Villages Discount.

Grandpa & Grandma's Village Buggies LLC - Home

On the subject of new, Alabama has been mentioned before and the seller had a somewhat shabby appearance if you go there. This place in Alabama, Knight Rides, from the google maps images has a professional looking lot. It's in Opelika, Alabama, which is right next to Auburn, across the state line from Columbus, Georgia. They might be a little higher than the other Alabama seller, they advertise a 2018 Yamaha Drive 2 Quietech PTV EFI Gas Golf Car for $7495, this is the photo they show. Then your best option is to have it shipped to Villages Discount Golf Cars and they have a $2500 package which includes the curtain shades, mirrors, upgraded seats, etc. For about $10,000 you got a new Yamaha loaded.

The Villages Florida

New Cart Sales | Knight Rides Yamaha Golf Cars and Carts
Old 06-22-2019, 04:50 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,335 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I know he said new, but he also said he would like to save a few bucks, a new fully loaded cart with upgraded seats from The Villages costs $13,000 plus. While were at it, one year old carts with all the upgrades are available from Grandpa & Grandma Villages Buggies. I checked them out orginally and they get their carts from a course in Virginia when they are one year old, they replace their carts every year and this place buys the carts. He does a real good job, but I don't think he is as cheap as Villages Discount.

Grandpa & Grandma's Village Buggies LLC - Home

On the subject of new, Alabama has been mentioned before and the seller had a somewhat shabby appearance if you go there. This place in Alabama, Knight Rides, from the google maps images has a professional looking lot. It's in Opelika, Alabama, which is right next to Auburn, across the state line from Columbus, Georgia. They might be a little higher than the other Alabama seller, they advertise a 2018 Yamaha Drive 2 Quietech PTV EFI Gas Golf Car for $7495, this is the photo they show. Then your best option is to have it shipped to Villages Discount Golf Cars and they have a $2500 package which includes the curtain shades, mirrors, upgraded seats, etc. For about $10,000 you got a new Yamaha loaded.

The Villages Florida

Knightrides no longer sells new. I bought a '16 from them in '17. It was New Old Stock (NOS). You probably heard about them when I posted about them two years ago. I tracked the owner down. He said it wasn't worth meeting the minimum order to buy new from Yamaha.
Old 06-22-2019, 05:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
Knightrides no longer sells new. I bought a '16 from them in '17. It was New Old Stock (NOS). You probably heard about them when I posted about them two years ago. I tracked the owner down. He said it wasn't worth meeting the minimum order to buy new from Yamaha.
I came across their website a few years ago, actually I found a place in Kentucky first who had cheaper Yamahas and then I was looking for a place closer and found Knight Rides. They're advertising 2018's on their website with prices. Maybe he is buying from a third party, because I remember he was about a thousand dollars cheaper the first time I saw his website.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts
Default Not to cast doubt on that dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
I used to sell photographic equipment. "Wasn't worth meeting the minimum order to buy new from Yamaha," could mean many things.
For example he may not have the credit to buy direct. Even if he does not buy direct from Yamaha, I would imagine he could work with a dealer who does. Since they do have serial numbers that could easily be traced to where it came from.

We do have a gas Yamaha that we bought new 2014. My opinion-the cost is simply outrageous. It is essentially a riding lawn mower. Annual service at The Villages Golf Cart-spark plug,
oil change (1 qt) and air filter is $100 there is no oil filter. Probably no need to change the air filter every year. Compare that cost to your car.
Old 06-26-2019, 06:10 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
I used to sell photographic equipment. "Wasn't worth meeting the minimum order to buy new from Yamaha," could mean many things.
For example he may not have the credit to buy direct. Even if he does not buy direct from Yamaha, I would imagine he could work with a dealer who does. Since they do have serial numbers that could easily be traced to where it came from.

We do have a gas Yamaha that we bought new 2014. My opinion-the cost is simply outrageous. It is essentially a riding lawn mower. Annual service at The Villages Golf Cart-spark plug,
oil change (1 qt) and air filter is $100 there is no oil filter. Probably no need to change the air filter every year. Compare that cost to your car.
No need to change air filter and spark plug for years. I have over 13,000 miles on my spark plug and the air filter. The 1st year the dealer did their annual tune-up and I requested the "old" plug and filter. Still looked new. When I need these to be replaced again I will use the original parts saved.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:07 AM

I sincerely appreciate all the responses and information provided.

Can anyone provide an actual invoice of a newly purchased Yamaha Gas Cart?

I'm curious as to how much is added to the invoice for all those "must-have" add on items such as bucket seats and curtains.
Thanks again !
Old 06-28-2019, 11:20 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,243 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvdd1 View Post
I sincerely appreciate all the responses and information provided.

Can anyone provide an actual invoice of a newly purchased Yamaha Gas Cart?

I'm curious as to how much is added to the invoice for all those "must-have" add on items such as bucket seats and curtains.
Thanks again !
I choose not to provide an invoice but I will tell you that the price for my 2019 Drive2 PTV (base and picked up at the dealer) was $6,300. I did not buy in TV. You can do your own math from there.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 06-28-2019, 05:26 PM

OK-
You got my attention----
If you don't mid, where did you purchase ?
Thanks
Old 08-04-2019, 07:04 AM

i just bought a really nice one owner used one. things that are perferred to include, seat belts - a MUST,
fuel injection-a WANT but not mandatory, runs and starts better, better fuel economy. fuel injection started around 2013-14
sunbrella or other side curtains that drop down, in a big rain you will need that
side mirrors
gas driven of course, not battery driven
locking glove box is nice, to secure garage door remote and other personal stuff
possibly auxillary light bar, mounted either on the roof or front bumper, if your area is dark and you will be out after sunset.
A folding rear seat is a nice feature if you expect a lot of company to visit.
side cooler

Tags
purchase, suggestions, model, cart, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.