new polaris golf carts

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Default Golf Carts

I believe our answers were in relation to the Tomberlin golf Cart.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Default Tomberlin cart

The guy who designed the cart use to work for Polaris for years and I guess we will wait and see what happens in the future, by the way most everythnig is made overseas, its put together in Georgia. Its the only golf cart that has 4 wheel brake system. Try to stop a golf cart going 20 MPH, you will see a difference with 4 wheel brakes.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:02 PM

Polaris buy parts overseas also, I owned a Polaris snowmobile
Old 11-30-2009, 06:42 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdills View Post
.....Its the only golf cart that has 4 wheel brake system......
The Gem Car has 4 wheel brakes like the Tomberlin.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member

My Club Car Pathway has 4 wheel brakes....GN
Old 08-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Default My Polaris Golf Cart Tires

We bought a new Polaris golf cart back in February. The cart is very nice to ride in and very quiet. We too feel the cart is too slow and crawls up the hills in Amelia. Were fine with that though.

When we bought the cart it came with a tow membership with the folks that advertise here. We elected not to go with them (on the advise of our neighbors) and went with another service that has helped us 3 times already in 6 months with flat tires. These tires puncture too easily. We even had a golf tee pop the tire.

The man who helped us said they fixed over 6 hundred tires on golf carts last year. He said that they all puncture easily except for the large Par Car tires. Are there better tires we can buy for the Polaris that are like the Par Car tire? If so where do we buy them.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallySmith View Post
We bought a new Polaris golf cart back in February. The cart is very nice to ride in and very quiet. We too feel the cart is too slow and crawls up the hills in Amelia. Were fine with that though.

When we bought the cart it came with a tow membership with the folks that advertise here. We elected not to go with them (on the advise of our neighbors) and went with another service that has helped us 3 times already in 6 months with flat tires. These tires puncture too easily. We even had a golf tee pop the tire.

The man who helped us said they fixed over 6 hundred tires on golf carts last year. He said that they all puncture easily except for the large Par Car tires. Are there better tires we can buy for the Polaris that are like the Par Car tire? If so where do we buy them.
Oh my goodness. We've had our Polaris since October and haven't had that sort of problem so far. When we bought, we elected to have different wheels and those used high profile tires. Not sure if they're really very different from the tires that come with the vehicle. You might ask at Villages Golf Cars.

We also had new motor installed in our Polaris that really makes travel faster, including the hills. If you call Villages Golf Cars and ask about the Lightning Motor for the Polaris, they can give you information about it, costs and when more motors will be in.

Last edited by pooh; 08-05-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallySmith View Post

tomberlin tires are golf cart size and are real tires not toy tires
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.