New vs Reconditioned Carts

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2015, 09:12 AM

Things to consider, how long you will keep it? Resale value.

That said, Reconditioned especially with extras, like homes, can be better than new.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM View Post
GAS OR ELECTRIC --Does Grandma and Grandpas have mostly electric or gas? Where are they located?

If you buy a Yamaha gas cart from someone besides the villages will you be able to get service, after the warranty period from the villages new service station?
They have both but I think more gas than electric.

Don't have any idea if the Village service station will work on ANY carts, but they would be foolish if they didn't. Besides, how would they keep track of the carts and which ones were purchased from the Village cart companies?
Old 02-01-2015, 03:26 PM

We bought a reconditioned Yamaha electric from TV cart shop 10 yrs ago and have never had any issues.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:23 PM
Gold member

When you buy re-conditioned, does that mean the motor was re-conditioned (drive train)????? Is there a warranty also?
Old 03-16-2015, 03:36 PM
deestatham

This is good information from EVERYONE. Husband & I are moving to TV in September. I have a questions though, and this may sound stupid, but is there air conditioning in these things? Or at least some cold air blowing on you in the heat of the summer?
Old 03-17-2015, 04:12 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deestatham View Post
This is good information from EVERYONE. Husband & I are moving to TV in September. I have a questions though, and this may sound stupid, but is there air conditioning in these things? Or at least some cold air blowing on you in the heat of the summer?
LOL Plenty of air blowing on you, if you let windshield down!!! hehehe A/C really not conducive to having in cart. Really a waste of money
Old 03-17-2015, 05:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

You will acclimate to the heat in a short amount of time. A/C is unnecessary...
Old 03-17-2015, 05:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bieniaszek View Post
Cosmetically, the reconditioned carts will look almost new. Put a coat of paint, new tires, canvas and upholstery and they look fine. How about the drivetrain??

Some carts have hour meters which will tally up the amount of usage. My EZGO electric can get plugged into a computer and it will show mileage and total amperage used which will give you an idea of the amount of use. Some golf carts do not have either to judge if the cart was driven 5,000 miles, 25,000 or 50,000 miles.

Not trying to spend your money, but if it was me and $1400 was the difference between a reconditioned and new, I would go with new every time!
I agree. I would rather buy new and pay more knowing I'm getting a brand new out of the box cart than wondering why someone sold this almost new cart. What was wrong with it? Why did they want to dump it??????
In all my life I've always bought new and felt more secure but may have cost myself much money but piece of mine was worth it.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:51 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
LOL Plenty of air blowing on you, if you let windshield down!!! hehehe A/C really not conducive to having in cart. Really a waste of money
Be sure to get a screen so you are not smiling with love bugs on your teeth!
Old 03-17-2015, 08:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I agree. I would rather buy new and pay more knowing I'm getting a brand new out of the box cart than wondering why someone sold this almost new cart. What was wrong with it? Why did they want to dump it??????
In all my life I've always bought new and felt more secure but may have cost myself much money but piece of mine was worth it.
Sometimes people leave for the Village of Heavenly, or must leave to go to an assisted living. One of our carts we adopted from a couple who were moving to Scotland to take care of her mom, and the other from a couple whose mother in law had passed on and they no longer needed a four seater. If you care for them they do very well, carts that is.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldseekur View Post
They have both but I think more gas than electric.

Don't have any idea if the Village service station will work on ANY carts, but they would be foolish if they didn't. Besides, how would they keep track of the carts and which ones were purchased from the Village cart companies?
All the carts have a serial number
Old 03-20-2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Sometimes people leave for the Village of Heavenly, or must leave to go to an assisted living. One of our carts we adopted from a couple who were moving to Scotland to take care of her mom, and the other from a couple whose mother in law had passed on and they no longer needed a four seater. If you care for them they do very well, carts that is.
I agree Graciegirl... not that we have any experience with new or recons, but will definitely be looking for a reconditioned or preowned cart when we buy. Preowned offers much more in terms of accessories. Of course it helps that My Guy is very savvy re vehicles.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:13 AM

If you buy a 2012 reconditioned cart in 2015 and decide you would like to trade up to a 2016 you will find that the value of your trade in is four years old even if you buy from the same dealer who will swear that their recondition is as good or even better then brand new,so if you ever plan on trading it consider this,if you are going to keep it then reconditioned might be a good deal as long as they are a really reconditioned.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:02 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Village Discount Golf Carts on 466, east of Morse, is now selling some kind of new compact enclosed cart that has both HEAT and A/C. I saw them at Sumter Landing a couple weeks ago, and yesterday saw a couple driving one on the path. I think they are about $13k.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:28 AM
Sage

I got a cart when I purchased my home but it wasn't worth a darn!!!

Had it upgraded and I am very happy with a quiet electric cart. Work was performed by STA-Rite Carts by "Frank7", a member on TOTV.

Highly recommend Frank for any repairs, upgrades and or reconditioning. Knowledgeable, honest, and reasonably priced too!! 352.326.3100.

Difference for me was 3K, instead of 10K.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.