New vs Reconditioned Carts

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2015, 09:21 PM
Veteran member

One thing to consider when you purchase a cart advertised as a 2xxx model is that it might be a older cart that the dealer / owner has "reconditioned" and is now claiming it to be a new model since they "reconditioned" it. Recondition or rebuilt can take on all levels of reconditioning or rebuilding so I would be very careful and really know what you are getting. I suggest you look at the manufactures sticker that indicates the year the cart was manufactured and serial number. Its usually on the right / passenger side or the cart in the little chubby hole you put junk in. Ask to see it and if its not the year the dealer / person selling it claims I would really question the reason. Or even worst if its not there at all - its like a vin number on cars. Club Car does factory rebuilds (called gold rebuilds to factory new standards) and places a new sticker with the year and new serial number they rebuilt the cart. Since it was done by Club car I would have a lot of confidence in the cart. Their web site >> Our trained factory technicians break down each remanufactured car to its aluminum chassis and inspect every component and system. The cars are refreshed from top to bottom, test driven and assigned new serial numbers, signifying that they meet the Gold Standard.

And you get the peace of mind that comes from knowing they’re covered by a three-year vehicle and battery warranty.

Club car also used to do a silver rebuild where they don't bring the cart all the way up to factory new standards and they don't replace the sticker with the new rebuild year and serial number.

Not sure if other manufactures do factory rebuilds but I do know I've driven in carts that were only claimed to be yr or so old and I can tell you it wasn't a factory rebuild.

Bottom Line > look at the manufacture sticker with model year and serial number when you purchase any used / rebuilt cart. Like someone said previously when you trade it in the manufacture model year will mean a lot and even if you don't plan on trading it in at least be informed on what you buying.

Happy cart shopping > They are approaching crazy prices.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,931 Times in 2,454 Posts

IMO reconditioned in not new, but and inspection, worn parts, or cosmetic items may have been replaced. Bottom line to me it's still used even though it's got fancy new body.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:34 AM
Platinum member

I bought a reconditioned 2010 in 2012 from The Villages Golf Carts in LSL. Like everyone else, it looked brand new and still does. It's been great, but it's starting to nickel and dime me a little now. A new one from then might be doing the same thing, but I'd still have warranty. The price difference was substantial so in my mind it's still a toss up.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:56 AM
Veteran member

I bought a 4 seater ele club cart 2015 reconditioned 'gold' from cart world on 441,love my cart, about 8k.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.