New Yamaha Quiet Tech front tires bowed out.

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2023, 08:06 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3105boy View Post
PLEASE tilt your blinding LED bar down. Thank you.
& have it on a switch

there are very few places in TV where the LED bars are needed.

keep them off until needed and there is no on-coming traffic.
Old 02-26-2023, 08:10 AM

My 2022 is the same way. I ran it past Villages Golf Cars and they said it was normal.
Old 02-26-2023, 08:29 AM

I have a 2018 Yamaha that had the same issue. Carts & Clubs kept telling me it was normal. Last month they said they had a fix and it was replacing the front springs with firmer and stiffer ones from a Yamaha Electric cart. It made a big difference. My front tires wore out at 5,000 miles and I replaced them at the same time along with an alignment. Cost was $300 for the new springs, installation and alignment.

Last edited by pdburke123; 02-26-2023 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-26-2023, 08:38 AM

My neighbor had the same problem on his new 2022 after several service calls dealer installed heavyer front springs now sits higher ( check spring thickness on a older cart to newer a big difference). corrected problem....
Old 02-26-2023, 08:42 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Thanks, I believe 4 wheel independent suspension started in 2017 with the first year of the quiet tech drive 2 model year. I have Todd Casey coming to our house to tune up my wife’s club car in a couple weeks and I will pick his brain and see if I can learn more about what’s up with the new carts front end alignment. Also, I am going to call the service department at the dealership where I bought the cart on Monday.
Please keep us updated with what you learn. I also see two posters have solutions of firmer shocks & heavier springs. Interested to learn the solution you take.
Old 02-26-2023, 09:16 AM

I have a 2022 also and yes bowed out. Was also curious why?. I did not buy it in TV. I had 12 rims and radial tires put on. Will let you know how they wear over time. Hopefully ok.....
Old 02-26-2023, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,057 Times in 2,742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3105boy View Post
PLEASE tilt your blinding LED bar down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
& have it on a switch

there are very few places in TV where the LED bars are needed.

keep them off until needed and there is no on-coming traffic.
Light bar is on its own switched relay. Also, took the cart out at night and drove it around the neighborhood Village with my wife driving her cart in the other direction and adjusted the tilt until the boss gave the thumbs up that the light angle wasn’t disturbing for passing vehicles. Had I known how good the lights are that came with the new cart I probably wouldn’t have bought the light bar, but I bought it before taking delivery of the cart so installed it anyways (plus it looks cool). Only switch it on in dark areas with no traffic.

On another note, I got the new cart with a clear, non-tinted windshield. What a huge difference that makes when driving at night if the windshield is up. I will never get a tinted windshield again, they make these things called sunglasses and unless my wife is in the cart the windshield is always folded down anyhow. Unfortunately, they currently only make the vented windshield in the tinted version.
Old 02-26-2023, 09:55 AM
Veteran member

On my cart we keep in Tennessee, I added an LED light bar also. Mrs. EDJ calls it a train light. Ever since the Master tuned my cart, it can hit speeds up to 33mph. On our lake rural roads and paths, the factory headlights often were outrun by the cart, so avoiding deer became a priority, hence the light. Works great, very happy with it! It is on a toggle switch to the dash, so I can flip it on and off when I see cars/cart approaching from the opposite direction.

P.S.- If you're even thinking about posting a reply to gripe or virtue signal about the speed or safety of my cart, I have a message for you. If you can't write me a ticket, then pound sand, I don't care what you think about my cart's setup. Even if you can write me a ticket, we will have that discussion when you find me, cite me, and I promptly pay the $10 and go back to doing WTF I want. Thankyouverymuchandmindyourownbusinessnannystater.
Chino 1960's to 1976, Torrance, CA 1976-1983, 87-91, 94-98 / Frederick Co., MD 1983-1987/ Valencia, CA 1991-1994/ Brea, CA 1998-2002/ Dana Point, CA 2002-2019/ Knoxville, TN 2019-Current/ FL 2022-Current
Old 02-26-2023, 10:48 AM

I have a 2018 that I bought new. The front tires began to wear prematurely and took it back to The Villages Golf Cart where I purchased it. They replaced the front tires and parts in the front end.

Last edited by Lancer; 02-26-2023 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-26-2023, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisgavin View Post
I have a 2020 and the tires are toed out and they have uneven wear. The tech told me that Yamaha did it with the increased speeds of the carts to help prevent roll over possibilities when taking turns at higher speeds. Whether that is true or not I don't know but I am not happy about it.
Rolling a golf cart is pretty hard to do since all the weight is at the bottom of the cart. If you've ever seen a golf cart that's been in an accident it's always on it's side, not upside down. With that low center of gravity, unless you're on the side of a steep hill, it's difficult to tip over.
Old 02-26-2023, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Got a new 2022 Yamaha Quiet Tech and absolutely love it. Between the four way independent suspension, rack in pinion steering, super quiet ride, ample room for a tall guy, and 250 - 300 mile range on a tank of gas, it’s a perfect ride for the Villages. One thing about the cart that bothers me is that the front tires are noticeably bowed out (wider at the base than the top). Is anyone else aware of this and know the reason for the design? Is this for better handling? I am concerned this design will lead to premature tire wear and necessitate frequent tire rotations? Has anyone tried to fix this with either an alignment or other front end modifications? Curious minds want to know? Please, I don’t want to hear that I should have purchased an electric cart!
Ours does that as well. I did a realignment to make them straight. BAD IDEA. The cart would not track properly. Driving scared the Hell out of me. I put them right back to where they were.
Old 02-26-2023, 11:11 AM

I recently got my 2022 Yamaha and I did notice that the front tires are a little bowed out. I have a problem with the cart bouncing at 17 to 20mgh. Dealer has replaced the back tires which appeared to have a bad flat spot on them however problem is still there. They are looking at it again tomorrow and I was wondering if there could be anything else they should look at that could cause this bouncing? Any thoughts if it is not the tires? Thanks!
Old 02-26-2023, 11:28 AM
Default Yaamaha Camber Problem

Quote:
Got a new 2022 Yamaha Quiet Tech and absolutely love it. Between the four way independent suspension, rack in pinion steering, super quiet ride, ample room for a tall guy, and 250 - 300 mile range on a tank of gas, it’s a perfect ride for the Villages. One thing about the cart that bothers me is that the front tires are noticeably bowed out (wider at the base than the top). Is anyone else aware of this and know the reason for the design? Is this for better handling? I am concerned this design will lead to premature tire wear and necessitate frequent tire rotations? Has anyone tried to fix this with either an alignment or other front end modifications? Curious minds want to know? Please, I don’t want to hear that I should have purchased an electric cart!
This is a negative camber problem with the 2017 and up chassis redesign. I've got a 2022 model and complained about the issue to The Villages Gold Carts and the manufacturer. They say the camber was designed that way for stability but when you put 2000 miles a year on your cart, mostly on pavement, tire wear becomes a huge issue.
Since I have built a couple of hot rods, wheel alignment is a huge issue for me. Camber should be neutral or slightly positive with a toe in of 1/4". I fixed this problem on my cart by purchasing adjustable aftermarket shocks online for about $275. I changed out the shocks but used my original coil springs which were a little lighter gauge than the aftermarket ones. After a few hours on the garage floor, I have adjusted the front wheel alignment (camber and toe in) to my liking. Should have been adjustable from the factory and it just urks me that I had to spend my time and money to fix a new $18,000 cart.
Lots of videos online to show you how to do it.
Old 02-26-2023, 12:15 PM

Following! Bouncing problem

Last edited by WickedMike; 02-26-2023 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Added informtion
Old 02-26-2023, 12:25 PM
Default Tires

I have a 2012 Yamaha that I bought new. I had over 26,000 miles on the original tires. Yes 26,000 miles! I decided to put radial tires on it and they bounced like crazy. After a month I went back and was told they couldn’t balance tires or had a remedy. I had them removed and went back to bias belted tires. Just did that this week and ride is much much better. Still a little hop but hoping with a little miles on it will be like ride from my originals.
Closed Thread

Tags
front, quiet, yamaha, design, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.