Any suggestions on buying used golf cart?

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Default Any suggestions on buying used golf cart?

Can anyone suggest any ideas about buying a used or refurbished golf cart? I don't see any advertised. What about dealers outside The Villages? Any suggestions would be most welcomed...it was suggested by a person at the Villages golf cart store that a Yamaha gas cart would be a good selection...
Old 06-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Default Try craigslist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzine3 View Post
Can anyone suggest any ideas about buying a used or refurbished golf cart? I don't see any advertised. What about dealers outside The Villages? Any suggestions would be most welcomed...it was suggested by a person at the Villages golf cart store that a Yamaha gas cart would be a good selection...
http://ocala.craigslist.org/search/s...inAsk=&maxAsk=
Old 06-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzine3 View Post
Most all the dealers have refurbished carts for sale. My first cart was an EZgo I bought at Town & Country Golf carts in SS. It was a 1999 that I bought in 2002. After two sets of batteries I traded it in on a new EZgo last month.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Sage

Here are some fairly recent threads on the topic:

Refurbished or used

gas yamaha

Bill
Old 06-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Sounds like the best advice I've heard is

getting a cart with 8 6-volt batteries instead of 6 8-volt batteries if you buy electric which will give you an extra 10-20 miles on a charge!
Old 06-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Sage

It is a pretty big question, so I suggest you first check out some similar threads. The best way IMO is to use google.com to search TOTV. In the search box at google.com enter something like:
site:talkofthevillages.com buying used golf cart
This will bring up some pretty good threads on the subject. Play around with the search phrase to suit your needs. The local paper has carts for sale all the time, but you need to build a short list of your requirements IMO.

Like I said, it is a tough question, as it is really up to you and what you like.

Good luck.

PS. What a shock that The Villages golf cart store wanted to sell you a Yamaha gas, who would have thunk it
Old 06-20-2011, 06:21 PM

and remember, that whatever cart they are selling is the best cart that has ever been on the planet.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Platinum member

Always take a cart for a test drive that includes going up a hill, regardless of what the salesman says.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.