no tail lights

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2018, 08:32 AM
Default no tail lights

2017 yamaha, no tail lights. hazards, turns, brake all ok. recently had turn signal/ headlight switch replaced under warranty.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

There are typically 2 elements, bulbs or strings of LEDS, one for the turn (brake, hazard) lights, and one for the running lights, so you will have 3 wires to each light assembly, ground, turn signal, and running lights. Since the turn signals are working this would indicate you have a good ground connection and turn signal connection. Do all of the front lights (headlights, parking lights) work? If so I would GUESS a broken wire from the back lights to the headlight switch. If none of the lights work, I would check fuses, I think the headlights are fused separately. I think I just downloaded a recent Yamaha instruction manual with the wiring, i will have to check.
Hope this helps.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:19 AM

checked all fuses i could find with test light, all lights are good except tails. worked until switch replaced. trying to find something simple so i could take to savannah center for new year eves party. will have to take old reliable 2008 cart. calling monday to villages carts. still under warranty. thanks to you.
Old 12-30-2018, 12:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

OK, I am guessing a wire was either cut or broken with the switch replacement, since under warranty, they should fix.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:50 AM

villages discount tech came by yesterday, new switch was bad, installed new one, good to go. did not expect such quick service on new year's eve, good job.
Closed Thread

Tags
lights, tail, signal, turn, headlight

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.