Number of golf carts in The Villages

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-14-2011, 09:37 AM
dvcmembers94 dvcmembers94 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale/Village of Caroline
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Number of golf carts in The Villages

Just curious, does anyone have an approximate number of golf carts that are owned by residents in The Villages?
__________________
Michelle
  #2  
Old 04-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Bill-n-Brillo's Avatar
Bill-n-Brillo Bill-n-Brillo is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Granville, OH.....and TV snowflakes!
Posts: 6,909
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

From The VHA - see #2:

http://www.thevha.net/the-villages-v...26&article=588

Bill
  #3  
Old 04-14-2011, 12:52 PM
VillagesFlorida's Avatar
VillagesFlorida VillagesFlorida is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 532
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Good article, Bill. Do you happen to know where I can find a list of "facts" about The Villages? I saw something recently but maybe it was in the Daily Sun? My daughter is here visiting and she was asking me questions about The Villages......how many square miles or acres does it comprise, how many different "villages"?, etc. Thanks in advance for any help!!
__________________
It doesn't get any better than this and I am loving every minute of it! Maine and The Villages, Fl.
  #4  
Old 04-14-2011, 01:01 PM
JenAjd JenAjd is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 613
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
Good article, Bill. Do you happen to know where I can find a list of "facts" about The Villages? I saw something recently but maybe it was in the Daily Sun? My daughter is here visiting and she was asking me questions about The Villages......how many square miles or acres does it comprise, how many different "villages"?, etc. Thanks in advance for any help!!
I think...all that trivia about T.V, was in a recent PVA or whatever that supplement we get re: updates etc. It wasn't more than a couple of weeks ago that it came out.
  #5  
Old 04-14-2011, 01:20 PM
VillagesFlorida's Avatar
VillagesFlorida VillagesFlorida is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 532
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAjd View Post
I think...all that trivia about T.V, was in a recent PVA or whatever that supplement we get re: updates etc. It wasn't more than a couple of weeks ago that it came out.
I think you are right, Jen. I knew I should have saved it when I read it! Grrrrrr! Thanks, anyway!!
__________________
It doesn't get any better than this and I am loving every minute of it! Maine and The Villages, Fl.
  #6  
Old 04-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,408
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1,019 Times in 510 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
I think you are right, Jen. I knew I should have saved it when I read it! Grrrrrr! Thanks, anyway!!
Copies of The Village Voice are on the Home Owners website.
  #7  
Old 04-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Bill-n-Brillo's Avatar
Bill-n-Brillo Bill-n-Brillo is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Granville, OH.....and TV snowflakes!
Posts: 6,909
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
Good article, Bill. Do you happen to know where I can find a list of "facts" about The Villages? I saw something recently but maybe it was in the Daily Sun? My daughter is here visiting and she was asking me questions about The Villages......how many square miles or acres does it comprise, how many different "villages"?, etc. Thanks in advance for any help!!
Here's what I feel is an excellent, generic overview of TV that might address what you're looking for. Might not be totally current stats, etc. but it's at least a start:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Villages,_Florida

Also, there's a bunch of info on the VCDD website. Here are the names of all the villages:

http://www.districtgov.org/images/vi...ghborhoods.pdf

Hope that helps!

Bill
  #8  
Old 04-14-2011, 02:05 PM
VillagesFlorida's Avatar
VillagesFlorida VillagesFlorida is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 532
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Copies of The Village Voice are on the Home Owners website.
That's it! Thank you so much! I was able to navigate right to the article! I copied and pasted it into an e-mail and will save it for future reference. I think that my 10-year old grandson will be amazed at these facts and figures! Even after living here for nearly 13 years the scope of this place still boggles my mind. I have felt privileged to be here, to see this place develop, etc. I wouldn't have missed watching this "Wonder of The World" take shape!
__________________
It doesn't get any better than this and I am loving every minute of it! Maine and The Villages, Fl.
  #9  
Old 04-14-2011, 02:14 PM
VillagesFlorida's Avatar
VillagesFlorida VillagesFlorida is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 532
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Here's what I feel is an excellent, generic overview of TV that might address what you're looking for. Might not be totally current stats, etc. but it's at least a start:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Villages,_Florida

Also, there's a bunch of info on the VCDD website. Here are the names of all the villages:

http://www.districtgov.org/images/vi...ghborhoods.pdf

Hope that helps!

Bill
Thanks, Bill. That DOES help! Even I didn't realize that we have this many "villages" now. It used to be that my husband and I would take golf cart rides out to see new areas and neighborhoods being built......we can't keep up with the progress anymore! We finally went out the other day to play Redfish Run executive golf course and we realized that we had never been out in the Pennecamp area! But, isn't this how folks live in big communities and cities? We usually find areas, businesses, and restaurants that we like to frequent and never venture into other areas. Isn't it wonderful that those beautiful villages are there for us to see if we feel a need to explore? We never tire of riding around to see how our hometown is growing......this "resort" just keeps getting bigger and better. Thanks again for directing me to more good info!
__________________
It doesn't get any better than this and I am loving every minute of it! Maine and The Villages, Fl.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 PM.