Options for upgrading golf cart seats

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2016, 07:24 AM
Sage
Default Options for upgrading golf cart seats

I am thinking about upgrading my cart seats from standard cloth Sunbrella to high back captain chairs with arm rests. Year old Yamaha.

I know the Villages golf cart store can do it, to the tune of about $1500-$1700... Yikes, more than I paid for a power recliner sofa.

Can anyone share experiences with other local vendors on after market seats, including price range and quality?

Has anyone ordered from el Tigre dealer in Ocala and done a self install?

TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2016, 08:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Saw a cart earlier this year where a guy went to junkyard and found two seats from a PT cruiser. Much more comfortable than the ultimate golf cart seats....thought that was really creative. I think he got a couple handy guys in the neighborhood to build the frame and attach....also had the original seat belts installed.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-26-2016, 09:12 PM
Sage

Mike did a self install on his Mom's cart with an upgraded bench seat from Ultimate. Bench seat but with high back and arm rests. Bought seats directly from Ultimate. Still not inexpensive, but less than buying locally. A friend helped Mike lift the seat into the cart...it's pretty heavy....didn't take too long for all to be done.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:05 PM
Gold member

Here is a link to the prices of the golf cart seats.
https://www.ultimategolfseating.com/models/
Old 04-27-2016, 03:44 AM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
I am thinking about upgrading my cart seats from standard cloth Sunbrella to high back captain chairs with arm rests. Year old Yamaha.

I know the Villages golf cart store can do it, to the tune of about $1500-$1700... Yikes, more than I paid for a power recliner sofa.

Can anyone share experiences with other local vendors on after market seats, including price range and quality?

Has anyone ordered from el Tigre dealer in Ocala and done a self install?

TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The price is high. It was high when we purchased our Suite Seats from The Villages Golf Cart Store back in 2010. We paid $1500 back then. The price hasn't risen very much. I will tell you that we tried to go cheap and get the bench seat for $850 and it ended up breaking and we decided to pay the difference and get the suite seats. We have never been sorry spending that money. I smile every time I sit on them. Having a bad back they help with that tremendously. I volunteer to drive every time I play golf so I won't miss out on using our seats.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I paid $1400 + for bench Ultimates in both of my carts. Use our carts to death and was miserable before installing the Ultimates. Be careful of being talked into cheaper seats as you will
no doubt be disappointed.
Sales people will try to tell you that the $800-1000 seats are just as good- they are quite mistaken.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:39 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

You won't be sorry for getting nice seats. It is only funny money!
Closed Thread

Tags
seats, cart, upgrading, golf, including, range, price, quality, experiences, share, local, vendors, market, tia, install, ipad, tapatalk, ordered, tigre, dealer, ocala, yikes, chairs, captain, arm

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.