2015 Club Car Gas EFI - any experience?

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2015, 07:49 AM
Sage
Default 2015 Club Car Gas EFI - any experience?

Although a long-time electric cart owner, I am considering buying a Club Car EFI gas cart.

My main objection to gas in the past was the engine noise and being able to carry on a conversation. The Club Car seems to be quieter.

For those who have purchased the 2015 Club Car EFI gas cart .... a few questions:

1. how do you find the noise level?

2. any issues or problems with cart performance?

3. literature and online searching implies that the cart is limited to 19mph with some type of accelerator option (so it is faster than standard golf course cart). Is the cart capable of going faster than 19mph with governor adjustment? Not looking for high speed, but, I would like a cart that can go 22-23, if needed.

4. 8" or 10" tires? which makes more sense

5. Is speed maintained going uphill?

6. If you owned a prior gas vehicle, how does this one compare? noise, smoothness of ride, acceleration, etc.

Thanks for any insights you can provide. This cart has only been around since last July, so, there is not much out on the Internet/google as far as user experience.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:54 PM

I am also interested in the answers to his questions. Especially the ones about setting the cart to faster than 19.5
Old 04-06-2015, 07:43 PM

I have a 2012.5 EFI Yamaha cart (that is when the fuel injection was first offered). It can be governor adjusted. I've had mine up to 24, but currently have it set by the store as bought at 21. I think the noise is not objectionable, though it is louder than an electric in the tunnels.

My cart has had some early-on problems covered under warranty. Most problems were fuel injected related and seem to have been fixed.

I have 10" tires and don't know how smaller diameters would work.

It does maintain speed going up hills, no problem.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:44 PM
Veteran member

Bought a new 2014 Yamaha Gas last year and opted to get the carbureted version for 2 reasons:

-- the cost was approximately $1300 less than an EFI model. The carb. model doesn't get the gas mileage of the EFI model, but the savings in the initial cost will buy enough gas to get to the moon and back.

-- next, I thought that any EFI problems will happen after the cart is a few years old and the repairs to the electronics or fuel injection system is going to be costly. This is just my opinion and not based on any facts.

The new Club Car EFI models have a new Subaru engine powering them. The gas carts have had a Kawasaki engine for years and years. I think that the EZGO gas have the same Kawasaki motor as well. IMHO I would like to wait a while to see if any real world problems develop as these carts put on the mileage and running time.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member

This may not help you but here goes. Regarding noise, I would take it for a test drive and see if you are OK with the noise. If you have concerns about the newness of the Club Car then you may want to consider the Yamaha as they are a known quantity with an established record of reliability. If you are shopping at The Villages Golf Cart Store, you may also want to visit Carts and Clubs in Ocala. They have Yamaha gas carts. I believe their Yamaha carts are quieter than the Yamahas from The Villages Golf Cart Store based on riding in carts from both locations. Good luck with your new ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
Although a long-time electric cart owner, I am considering buying a Club Car EFI gas cart.

My main objection to gas in the past was the engine noise and being able to carry on a conversation. The Club Car seems to be quieter.

For those who have purchased the 2015 Club Car EFI gas cart .... a few questions:

1. how do you find the noise level?

2. any issues or problems with cart performance?

3. literature and online searching implies that the cart is limited to 19mph with some type of accelerator option (so it is faster than standard golf course cart). Is the cart capable of going faster than 19mph with governor adjustment? Not looking for high speed, but, I would like a cart that can go 22-23, if needed.

4. 8" or 10" tires? which makes more sense

5. Is speed maintained going uphill?

6. If you owned a prior gas vehicle, how does this one compare? noise, smoothness of ride, acceleration, etc.

Thanks for any insights you can provide. This cart has only been around since last July, so, there is not much out on the Internet/google as far as user experience.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:08 AM

Although I am also a happy owner of a 2014 Yamaha EFI I must confess that I was quite impressed when I test drove the Club Car EFI with the Subaru motor.

I realize that most Villagers are Yamaha fans but it seemed superior to Yamaha. It was comfortable, quieter, well built and quite responsive.

I am also interested in hearing from new Club Car EFI with the subaru motor owners regarding their experiences.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.