Par Car versus Yamaha

Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Default Par Car versus Yamaha

Hi, I was all set to get a Yamaha gas when I seen the new par car eagle at the show last week in the polo grounds. It really looks like a nice cart. all redesigned. I also went to the dealer on 441. The cart is very impressive. I'm new here in the villages and would appreciate any input. Do you know anything about the new Par Car? What do you think of Par Cars in general? Or should I stick with Yamaha gas? Thanks Dennis Cybulsky
Old 10-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby View Post
Hi, I was all set to get a Yamaha gas when I seen the new par car eagle at the show last week in the polo grounds. It really looks like a nice cart. all redesigned. I also went to the dealer on 441. The cart is very impressive. I'm new here in the villages and would appreciate any input. Do you know anything about the new Par Car? What do you think of Par Cars in general? Or should I stick with Yamaha gas? Thanks Dennis Cybulsky
I have no experience with Par Car, but have observed that Yamaha out numbers them probably 50 to 1. I don't remember if they have gas or not, but if not that would be a deal breaker for me with TV expanding the way that it has been and will continue to do. It's nice to have a gas cart that will give you 240+ miles on a single tank. If you should run out of gas, you can get your're roadside service to bring you some. You can't get your roadside service to bring you any electric for your battery. Just my opinion. Electric is quiet and I like that that but the gas isn't THAT louder. With gas you pull into the garage and forget about it, electric, plug it in and watch the batteries for water.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby View Post
A couple of years ago the Par Car dealer ran a promotion that included free batteries for life. If a promotion like that came along again I might be interested. If no promo, I'll stick with my Yamaha gas.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Sage

Gas vs electric often has been hotly debated on TOTV and is largely a matter of personal preference. With TV's growth though, distance is a factor that needs to be considered.

Some pros and cons...

Gas is louder and um... smells like gas. But it is ultra low maintenance and you can get from one end of TV and back, play 18 holes of golf, drive somewhere else for happy hour and stop at the grocery on the way home maybe two times over on a tank of gas. Do all that once in an electric cart and you'll probably be calling for a tow. You'll need to charge an electric after virtually every use and take care to keep the right level of water in the batteries. Ah, but electric is quiet and odorless. And perhaps you don't plan any longer distance outings than an electric can handle.

Me? I have a Yamaha gas.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We have one of each. Gas is more reliable.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts

After seven years in TV I got a gas cart. I bought a remanufactured club cart from Grandpa & Grandma's Buggies on 441 just north of 42. It's gas and fast but I use my GPS to track my speed and mileage---it has a place to plug your GPS into like a cigarette lighter.

Up until recently both of us had electric---now we have one of each---both Club Car. Like previous posts said--it's a matter of personal preference. Iam very satisfied with my gas Club Cart and the service so far has been exemplary.

The only negative I've heard about Par car is the cost of parts and service. I think it's like buying a new car----you can sometimes get a "lemon" and that's when the service becomes important. I've heard both good & poor service regarding Village Yamaha. Some I know went to Ocala for their Yamaha.

If I was thinking about a new electric, I would seriously look and drive an EZGO. In addition, I would want an electric with 8/6 system for more distance on a charge. Good luck and happy carting!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Sage

We bought a Par Car when we moved to TV seven years ago. It was reliable while we owned it, even though initially, there was a problem that was taken care of under warranty. As others have said, Par car picks your cart up and takes it to their shop for work. Independent repair services have difficulty getting parts for Par Cars . We opted for the 13 inch tires, cool looking, but after a while, tough on hips getting in and out. Range was good enough during the time we owned the cart, but TV was much smaller then. We now have a Yamaha gas cart purchased at Carts and Clubs in Ocala. I love this cart....no need to charge batteries, maintain batteries....a tank of gasoline can take you many, many miles. Gas carts are noisier than electric, but after a short time, you don't really notice.

After our Par Car, Polaris...a really nice electric cart, and now the Yamaha....gasoline is the choice for us.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.