Parcar golfcarts

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2017, 01:17 PM
Gold member

I have had a Parcar for almost 3 years without any problems. I have had a heater installed and have sliding side doors that attach with velcro when closed. No problems with distance but I think the longest I have gone in one trip is 26 miles. My only complaint with the cart is that it is difficult to turn the steering wheel when standing still or moving very slowly. I have had good service from the Parcar service department.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 05-31-2017, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDog View Post
I have had a Parcar for almost 3 years without any problems. I have had a heater installed and have sliding side doors that attach with velcro when closed. No problems with distance but I think the longest I have gone in one trip is 26 miles. My only complaint with the cart is that it is difficult to turn the steering wheel when standing still or moving very slowly. I have had good service from the Parcar service department.

John
For the tough steering, you may want to check and make sure the tires are properly inflated.

Another indication that they may be under-inflated (which can cause harder steering at low speeds), is excess wear of the tread in the center of the tire...compared to the sides.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:40 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:

John
Try adding a "deadman" knob to the steering wheel. It makes turning so easy.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:47 AM

I saw this thread and wanted to mention that I found a place online that sells all the Columbia ParCar Parts. I was able to find a front leaf spring after mine broke. Parts can be found at CartPros.com

They also had service manuals so I could replace the spring myself.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:14 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Replacing all the batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
We have had one for almost 3 years.....I switched from having ParCar service the cart to Sta-Rite Carts, the other Par-Car seller that serves TV. I lost confidence when they changed personnel and started to explain the depth of experience the manager had with gas carts. We needed a complete battery replacement (because of the on board charger you can't do a partial replacement I was told). Then a couple service hickups and we moved on. The cart itself is well built, rides great and looks great. It is my wifes cart (I have a Star) and she has it loaded and loves it. When we purchased the cart we anticipated battery replacement around 4 years so it came a bit early but that wasn't a big deal...it was the sercie folks that caused the change.
We all tend to distrust but, people do replace one battery in their golf cart but, that is a mistake in any electric divice. When, one call is weaker than the others the stronger cell will for lack of a better way to express it, try to reverse the polarity and thus destroy the weaker battery. It is expensive but unless the batteries are fairly new and one has a physical defective cracked case, smart is to replace them all.

I did a lot of reading and had decided to buy a Club Car gas. Reason is the engine is 15 hp compared to 12 fr the yamaha and it has presureized lubrication system compared to a simple splash system on the Yamaha. We went to the Club Car dealer and his salesman??? only knew the electric ones, his repair guy also did not know how to do anything but to change the oil on the gas ones. I BOUGHT A YAMAHA-it has been fine. No matter what you choose to buy, it quickly becomes trash without PARTS and service.
Yamaha seems to own both in this town.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:25 PM
Gold member
Default Re; hard steering

Quote:

John
Teasing a bit. Apparently it has been a long time since you have driven without power steering and you have gotten into a bad habit. When the vehicle is not moving and you turn the steering what you are doing is sanding rubber off your tires on the road or less so on the grass. Actually on the grass you are unnecessarily damaging the grass with your tires.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:17 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suesiegel View Post
Teasing a bit. Apparently it has been a long time since you have driven without power steering and you have gotten into a bad habit. When the vehicle is not moving and you turn the steering what you are doing is sanding rubber off your tires on the road or less so on the grass. Actually on the grass you are unnecessarily damaging the grass with your tires.
I agree but there are times when you have to turn the steering wheel before actually moving.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 09-20-2017, 05:45 PM

Stay far away !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2017, 03:42 PM

What do you say that golfchef? I love my ParCar.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Have had a ParCar for three years and still love it. I changed service providers, now have it serviced by Sta-Rite, but love the cart.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
golfcarts, parcars, experience, parcar

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.