Picking Up New Cart

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2019, 08:53 PM

could you explain further? my cart can go 23.
why would that be illegal?
Old 11-09-2019, 07:41 AM

Because Florida law states a non street legal cart is limited to a maximum speed of 20 MPH. Exceed that at your (and your wallet’s) own risk. It isn’t a cheap violation.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:03 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Worth every single penny to me. Besides the self cancelling turn signals, the steering wheel features high beam lights which are excellent for visibility at night. I didn't know about the high beams until I picked up the cart. I was willing to spend the $250 just for the self cancelling turn signals and those high beams were a HUGE bonus. Oh.....also the horn is on the steering wheel with two buttons; one on each side of the steering wheel.
I was told by a salesman that high beam lights aren't available?
Old 11-09-2019, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I was told by a salesman that high beam lights aren't available?
O good, just what we need brighter lights blinding everybody 100 yards down the road. Most golf cart headlights can be use for raccoon hunting.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
O good, just what we need brighter lights blinding everybody 100 yards down the road. Most golf cart headlights can be use for raccoon hunting.
That is so true. Some are so bright that it hurts.
Old 12-25-2019, 02:13 PM
Default Is it safe to ride at night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Worth every single penny to me. Besides the self cancelling turn signals, the steering wheel features high beam lights which are excellent for visibility at night. I didn't know about the high beams until I picked up the cart. I was willing to spend the $250 just for the self cancelling turn signals and those high beams were a HUGE bonus. Oh.....also the horn is on the steering wheel with two buttons; one on each side of the steering wheel.
Thank you for mentioning high beams. I was wondering if it was safe to ride your golf cart at night? Future Villagers
Old 12-26-2019, 08:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina&Bill View Post
Thank you for mentioning high beams. I was wondering if it was safe to ride your golf cart at night? Future Villagers
Please dim your lights for approaching carts. Some carts have extra lights that are so bright it hurts. Also we can't see until they pass. Dangerous for all.
Old 12-26-2019, 09:08 AM

At 20 MPH you do NOT need high beams. Just turn them off if you have them. They are irritating and blinding.
Old 12-26-2019, 02:24 PM
Veteran member

Check that the self cancelling turn signals actually turn off automatically. On the cart I bought from Gordon’s Garage (the Lake Sumter Villages golf cars) the turn signal turns off after a turn about 50% of the time. When I complained they “fixed” it. Their fix made the headlights not work. By the time I got the cart back in it was out of warranty by a week, so I had to pay for the new part. They still only work half the time.

I do have another cart bought elsewhere with self cancelling turn signals. They work as advertised.
Old 12-27-2019, 07:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
Check that the self cancelling turn signals actually turn off automatically. On the cart I bought from Gordon’s Garage (the Lake Sumter Villages golf cars) the turn signal turns off after a turn about 50% of the time. When I complained they “fixed” it. Their fix made the headlights not work. By the time I got the cart back in it was out of warranty by a week, so I had to pay for the new part. They still only work half the time.

I do have another cart bought elsewhere with self cancelling turn signals. They work as advertised.
Must have been a short term warranty.
Closed Thread

Tags
picking, check, cart, general, speedometer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.